Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It's a good idea to prepare questions in advance that are a good level to encourage student participation and it makes a big difference to be supportive from the first class to build comfort for students to answer.

There a different types of questions which require different timing in regards to when within a session they might be best appropriate

I believe developing my questions will be a priority and in the past, I focused on content more.

That questioning students throughout the class is not only important, but there is also a proper set of techniques that are to be implement to generate and encourage student participation.

Questions are making discussions and teaching more attention to the students because the will be constantly listening. It give reinforcement .

The students will eventually become the teachers and our teaching styles will be reflected in their teaching of others in the future.  "Why" questions allow for deeper reflection than "what" questions and may prove more effective in influencing positive outcomes.

Actively listening to a students question will build credibility not only with the student but with the other learners in the classroom. This should give the others more confidence in asking questions in the future. 

How to handle incorrect and partially incorrect answers. 

I feel like this helped me understand how important the process of questioning really is. I need to plan my questioning process to give students a chance to think and build on each other's responses. I hadn't previously thought that much about how I was asking the question.

I love this method. It engages the students in the lecture and keeps them busy so as not to lose interest.

Different methods of questioning helps students to stay engaged with the subject.

This lesson helped me understand how to ask questions so the students may feel encouraged in the classroom.

The Socratic method is a great way to find insightful information within a discussion. Questioning allows the learning process to become more valuable and effective

In this section, I learned that how you construct questions is important. It is important to be asking the correct questions. I also learned of the Socrates Method of asking questions. This encourages students to ask better questions, that are based on higher level thinking. 

In this module, I learned different ways of asking students questions.

We need to question our students for engagement, but it has to be purposeful so we can engage them. The module helps to refine these skills. 

I learned how to use socratic questioning. 

How to handle questions more thoughtfully.

I do ask questions of my students however, I noted a few different ways to ask and some mistakes I do or might make.

how different types of questions can facilitate concept learning/development of deeper level of understanding of the subject matter

Sign In to comment