Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I will be implementing additional questions in my course discussion. This section reinforces the importance of variety. 

Asking questions draws the student into a deeper realm of thinking and engagement. 

In this lesson, I learned the importance of incorporating question and answering sessions with the students. Students learn best with immediate feedback. I also learned the importance of structuring the questions in a way to encourage more participation.

Doris Owens

I do agree with encouraging students to be prepared so they will fill engaged and not left out because they did not prepare.

Questions are important to help students understand the material. Use different methods to help build understanding.

I learned how to ask a question appropriately, how much time to give to a response etc... things I didnt think about being so important. I was just focusing whether they were learning the material or not.

Questions from students should never be dismissed.   It's likely that more than one student has the same question.   If thoughtfully answered, more students will be encouraged to ask questions.

Knowing the different questioning techniques is critical to assess the students understanding.  Just as important is the instructors reply, because it has the potential to encourage or discourage students from participating.

Keeping the flow of the classroom open and encourage questions can be a great learning technique. 

ED103 - Questioning Techniques

I found this portion of the course very informative for three main reasons: 1) understanding the different questioning techniques, 2) handling student questions, 3) how to broaden the array of questions to enhance adult education. The information describing the eight questioning areas such as precision, clarity, and logic were enlightening. 

Understanding and really knowing my material during lecture I know how and when to ask questions for my students. I can tell by their body language how to ask the question. I want my students to gain confidence and knowledge. 

though I am familiar with several questioning techniques, I enjoyed exploring the Socratic method of inquiry

Questions are good it lets you know what they are learning and understanding 

Being cautious when responding to a student's answer to a question is very important. We don't want to make them feel stupid or like we're trying to embarrass them. Also give everyone an opportunity to respond.

use open ended questions and get the entire class involved, if it an incorrect answer prompt for the correct answer. 

I'm a fan of progressive questioning in the Socratic style to tease out the learning objectives using as much student contribution as possible. 

The socratic method is much more involved than merely asking any question. There is an art and science to the type of questions asked and the intended response levels from the students.

An effective way of developing concept-principle learning is through questioning.

Questions is a tool that can be used several ways. I like getting questions from my students and also asking my students question to keep the engaged and to test their knowledge on the content.

Questioning is an important tool in learning.  As instructors, we need to ask good questions that will encourage students to think through their own understanding of a topic, and that will allow them to express their understanding of that topic more fully.

Sign In to comment