Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

If you present a good outline that includes what the course requirements are, expectations and ultimate end goals, there will be no surprises and less stress for the learners.

Developing and following a checklist would be beneficial for organization and planning for the day as it pertains to the syllabus.

prepare prepare prepare

I demonstrate with my own time, the value in which I hold my students and my profession.

By being there early I show them held in high regards

Its important to consider time. 

Select your content, goals, Objectives, Syllabus, and presentation format for your class

Be prepared for class instruction. Beware of your students needs and methods of learning. Keep a check list so as not to forget.

Show up early to be prepared and get a good gauge of the class before it starts. Have a checklist. 

Great content!

It is important to be prepared and ready to instruct students. You need to set the mood and tone for the course.

Being prepaired helps you stay engaged with your students while giving a lesson. Have a checklist to help accomplish everything you need to get across. 

These are helpful tips and the Harvard demonstrations are interesting and informative

five major areas of focus:

1. Selecting content for course.
  2. Setting ambitious yet realistic goals.
  3. Writing instructional objectives to help realize stated  goals.
  4. Putting together a syllabus that describes the course.
  5. Selecting presentation formats that maximize learning.

Connect and project

I have been structuring the course headers (Modules) and points within and move my teaching along that path. I discuss our progress at the end of class, what is required of my students while away and where we will be starting on their return. Trying to keep the students aware and up to date.

I plan to create a checklist for class and try to arrive earlier to set up/be prepared. 

The syllabus is the contract between you and your students.  It clarifies what is expected of students and informs them when certain topics are covered, when projects are due, and giving test dates.  Being prepared daily is a must for teachers.   Greeting students early as they come into class in a relaxed atmosphere not only shows students how prepared you are, but also indicates you are ready to help them achieve their goals!

I plan to reevaluate my goals and make them more specific. 

This module was extremely useful and jammed packed with great tips. One of the points that stuck with me was to reach out to other instructors for assistance by reviewing their syllabus and course layout to help create an outline instead of reinventing the wheel. This also helps to provide feedback on the direction you are going. Additionally preparation is going to be the key to success. Outlining the course requirements, assignments, and providing basic information like office hours and a brief bio/introduction will help give the students a clear view of who you are and what to expect.

All I have enjoyed reading this module is what I do since I have been teaching it for more than 40 years.

Sign In to comment