Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Having a plan and being prepared no matter what that entails will go a long way in lessening issuess that could occur .

It is necessary to discuss to student of the faculty expectations according to the syllabus guidelines.

having a note pad to make sure I've covered all the material and important point.s 

preparing early is the key to ensuring optimal outcomes.

The importance of a syllabus and establishing the learning objectives and goals for students.

Having my own course design is important because I can scaffold when needed, add relevant material as I go along, and enhance with outside guest speakers, and sources.

Reply to Jennifer McNamara's post: Or if you have 100+ students, having a checklist helps to give personalized feedback, when referring to them in class.

It is important for professors to set boundaries and goals, to allow for better structure. Having realistic goals set for the classroom, for both the students and instructors helps keep the flow going with and confidence that all learning taking place is being covered by everyones learning styles. Being accountable is important for the students and professors. 

It is important to know the names of the students, and how to pronounce their names. This helps the student to develop trust in the instructor. It is  also important to be in the classroom early to get set up for the class ahead. This will always reduce stress for the instructor to be able to take a few moments to take care of him/her/themself be getting centered prior to the arrival of students. Finally, students will increase trust in the quality of the program, and thus the institution, if the information is packaged and presented in a concise and professional way, following the syllabus as an outline. 

I learned how important the syllabus and course objectives. This module made me think about how organized several of my nursing school classes were. Preparation is key

Early planning is important- try to show up early and show how invested you are rather than just telling

Checklists

Using a checklist is the most helpful thing an instructor can do to help ease the first-class nerves. Make yourself a list and keep it handy. I have been using check list for ten year, and they work. 

Preparation, environment and effectiveness are crucial to quality learing.

First impression is key. Being prepared, knowing student names, and having set goals are part of that.

Preperation, Empathy, Perception

It is important to be prepared it sets classroom standards 

To prepare before each class even if I'm familiar with the material.  

Preparation is FUNDAMENTAL. 

Be prepared by bringing a notebook or topics so you don't forget. Stay organized.

Sign In to comment