Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

An Instructor need to be responsible and thorough  developin g  a sructured instructional plan for successful learning experience of the students.

Being prepared makes a big difference in presenting new information to students.

I have learned it is very important to tailor a class to fit the various learning styles of the students.  Complete syllabi help students direct their learning and plan their lives, knowing the expectations of the course. 

Have a checklist and an effective set of objectives.

That it is good to build great relationships with your students. Getting to class a half hour early. Understanding and communicating with your students.

Planning and preparation are key to success.  I plan to be intentional, organized, and informed in my planning and preparation while seeking feedback from other instructors to refine where needed.

Planning and prep for your class ensures it runs smoothley therefore making it effective and a good use of everyone's time 

Early and careful planning helps an instructor be successful in providing an optimal learning environment for students.

Prior Proper Planning.  This lesson taught me that being prepared starts with the development of the syllabus.  What I am taking away from this course is that I need to study the syllabus, dig into the teaching strategy I want to use, ensure I have the classroom materials and get to know my students before they arrive.  I can make sure my individual classes have checklists so that I don't forget any of the material that needs to be taught. 

Be prepared for all potential situations

The key to going from a good teacher to a great teacher is preparation. 

Planning before teaching, making sure you have enough handouts for the anticipated number of students. The classroom is reserved for YOU, there has not been double booking with another class. 

All your ducks are lined up in a row. 

The ABCD Model is truly effective for designing a learning experience:

Instructional objectives should include four components in order to be effective for both your students and you. Take into consideration components A through D:

• A-Audience. Who are the targeted individuals? You need to have a clear understanding of the entrance knowledge and skills your students possess upon entering your course.
  • B-Behavior. What is it you want the students to do? What is the balance between knowledge and skill development that is required?
  • C-Condition. What are the rules for their performance? Will they work in the lab, out in the field, with notes, references, or will all work be done through memory?
  • D-Degree. What is the level of proficiency required? Will a 70 percent skill level work for your course or does the field require 100 percent proficiency?

From <https://www.jsou-cee.org/elc/mod/resource/view.php?id=715>

My key take away were preparation and setting tones/expectations. I know there is a curriculum set up but I like the idea of making it my own course while still following the course outline.  Not everyone learns the same way so it will be interesting to see how the class learns and reacts and of course I will also have to adapt.

Being prepared is an important part to successful teaching. 

I enjoy greeting students as they come in.  I have already seen their transcripts and know their grades and attendance issues.  I have read notes written by other insturctors and have an idea of the type of student that is coming in.  I believe in a clean slate.  Each new class is a new start.  By having prepared in advance with a syllabus and to do list, it gives my students the structure and expectations for the class.

Preparatin is key in helping you student to be successful 

I learned that lecturing can tranfer knowledge but it cannot tranfer skills. because of that, it will be important organizing your goals folowing the roadmap strategy; which will allow you and your students to reach them in the fastest, safest, and quickest way possible.

Taking the time to welcome your students and get to know them by name will make a huge impact in the class on a postiive way

Its important to take notes on what is going on . along with following all guidelines 

Sign In to comment