Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This class helped me identify how I can use my personal experience as a student and my personality combined with expertise to model, motivate, and manage the students. 

It's all about the students!  Teaching should be about learning - it's all about the students, not about a teacher showing off how intelligent he or she may be.  Showing excitement for the material is going to help the students become passionate about it, too.  By being a credible, candid, compassionate, committed, and clear teacher, we can model the soft skills necessary for success.

Overall, serving as a model, manager, and motivator, we can implement the 5 Cs listed above in order to create a meaningful learning environment for our students where they feel welcome, supported, and successful.  

Know your past, know your school, know your students, know your subjects, colleagues, and YOURSELF!

Fitting into the three instructor roles (as a Model, Manager and Motivator. Displaying aspects of the five C's (being Credible, Candid, Compassionate, Committed and Clear) and maintaining the image of the three competencies (Technical, Professional, and Personal) are all major take-withs from this lesson. Take them with you, use them, live by them.

Most learning occurs outside of the classroom. It is when the student has opportunities to apply the knowledge they gain, that is when real change and growth happen. 

Learning is the most important thing happening in the classroom, not teaching.

Also, if most of the learning happens outside the classroom, then how can I talk to my students about how they are using the information that we go over in class? I was thinking I could add a weekly application journal or discussion abou this topic.

Be professional, focus on professional growth and development, and be a role model with a guiding hand to students.

Nice overview of the roles and responsibilities of an effective educator.

I learned that an instructor has three roles which include being a model(dress,conduct,neatness,etc.), manager (be prepared before class and assist everything coming together ) and motivator (showing studcents their progress). Soft skiils of customer relations as well as hard skills of procedures need to be conveyed to the students. Instructors need to be professional and have a continuous professional developmet plan. 

Technical, professional, and personal. Developing confidence in the classroom using the 5Cs approach, great!

I am interested in new technologies that will help the students to get different perspectives in the field.  Hands on learning is important but what is out there that backs this up?

The instructor needs to act how they want their students to act, professional.

Reassurance that our role as motivators is equally as important as our other roles in the classroom. 

As aintstructer you have 3 roles :model, manage, and motivate. An instructer who is excited about what by teach keep the interst of the students. Dress and act appropriately for the field you teach. 

Reminders relating to how to bring interest and excitement into the classroom, even for less exciting classes.

It is important to stay current and learn effective teaching strategies in order to keep students engaged.  

I learned to lead by example, and use resources for help if needed. 

Model , manage and motivate.  Model professionalism and you don;'t have to be the smartest one in the classroom. 

Lead by example, room for growth,  5 C's Credible, Candid, Compassionate, Committed and Clear!

Lead by example while teaching

Sign In to comment