Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be prepare, know my self as a teacher and understand the student needs.

Always coming to class prepared with powerpoints and handouts for students keeps them engaged.  Having a guest speaker would promote "real life" career studying and time to ask questions about their choices in achieving their degree.

Always have materials laid out ready to be used. Not only for instruction purposes, but for the students as well.

Journaling my experience will help me improve my management experience. Guest speakers are essential in bringing the real world into the classroom for learners. 

Coming to class prepared and organized will help the class see that you respect their time and you want them to succeed.

Sometimes taking a step back and evaluating the class can help guide the lecture or lesson better.  Being able to see what is working and what isn't in the moment so that changes can be made immediately.

I learned quite a bit! The areas that interested me most that I feel would be most applicable would be the guest speaker and field trip suggestions. I love the idea of an observation sheet, and I think it'd be useful in both a field trip and guest speaker setting! That way students know what to look for both out in the industry as well as talking with industry professionals.

How to become a well-rounded instructor. 

This learning process has allowed me to revitalize my teaching strategies and start a reflection on my work as an educator.

field trips and guest speakers are useful tools in teaching

The course is a great tool, it helps you with yourself and in turn helps the student.

I have learned to pause and observe my students after a lecture or part of the lecture or in the lab to see how they are applying or thinking about the contact. Also to be prepared and organized prior to the session. Also I have learned how important it is to learn each students personality to make sure I'm engaging each student as positive as possible

I believe field trips and guest speakers are imperative as they bring real-time knowledge to the students

I think it's really important to be able to relfect on your classes and be flexible to make changes to fit your students. 

You have to flexible by staying prepared.  Someone may have a point of view not quite related but worth the time to consider the subject.

Have learn different ways to being ready or organized to class, how to react and handle changes, and most of all, identify and understand my personality as a professor

More than being organized and ready i will include self training and explore more than one information feed so we can be more fill in the top that is going to be teach.

Being organized has helped me teach the class more effectively.

In this module I learned how to work on my weaknesses so that they become strengths, how to self-assess and its importance.

I learned the importance of being prepard for class and how to be an effective instructor. 

Sign In to comment