Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

EL 102

EL 102 was a well organized course on online learning. I have taught online courses a couple of years noe and i feel this was one of the better online courses arround.

Prof, Nick Pasquarello

I agree Nicholas.  This course was well structured and well organized.  Definitely one of the best online courses I have taken.

I agree also. EL 102 gave me an opportunity to refresh my memory on key techniques in being an competent online instrutor.

I have taught online courses for three different universities and love the flexibility. EL102 was a nice refresher of what an instructor needs to know when facilitating an online course.

Deborah,

You are right. The whole scenario was really a refresher even for those of us who has been with AIU-Online for over 8 years. Reading from colleagues is usually a plus. This helps transcends into what we do in the classroom/virtual classroom in making us better as instructors. 

EL102 was my first course and it was excellent.   Courses like this can really help us improve as instructors.

Hello.  This is my first attempt at on-line classes. The outline, material, quizzes, forums, and feedback were excellent, and easy to follow along with.  The institution I work at will be going to a "blended learning", on-line two days per week and in-class the others.  This class gave me the confidence to go forward with less anxiety.  The material in this particular class was refreshing and gave me some great activities to take back into the classroom.

EL102

Is a good course that lets instructors know the requirements of teaching online courses.

NOt many people understand it does take alot to navigate through an Instructional platform.

EL102 was a worthwhile course well-facilitated by Dr. Vaillancourt. The course provides the fundamentals of online student-centered instruction. The sections on student retention, fostering participation, behavior management, reaching out to at-risk students, and projecting faculty presence were well-received.

Bob

EL102 helped me understand more about motivating, encouraging, challenging, and supporting all of my students, and especially the at-risk students.  There are always going to be students who require extra assistance.  These students need a lot of positive feedback and must be involved in class discussions.  Students should be praised for their interaction in discussions with other students.  An instructor should be flexible and value comments from all students.  

I just completed EL102 and overall I felt it was a great course and reinforced many practices that I have learned over the years I have been teaching online. It was a great refresher! I appreciate the opportunity.

Take care...

Naomi

i thought the traning was great

Very well organized and easy to navigate.  Good information on compliance.

Sign In to comment