Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED107

Interesting course. I feel new instructors could benefit from this course.

I think this course is for all who teach and want to refresh or learn new ways to empower our students,I loved it and am looking forward to applying all what I learned and of course would like to share how it went, new class start sin jan 2012.

I had never thought about adding music into my lesson plans.  I will be adding music and especially with exams.

I find it very interesting the discussion about expections and self fulfilling prophecy with students. It is a very delicate balance between truly objectively evaluating a students performance, not discouraging them and holding same standards for all. I must admit, I have been pleasantly surprised by a few students who I was not so sure were going to be succcessful or as successful as they were. This does demonstrate that we should not judge the students before us, and give them every chance to succeed.

Michael, I agree with your comment the self fulfilling prophecy was very interesting. I have experienced this prophecy with many of my students who were pretty down on themselves and their learning capabilities. When I tell my students that I believe they can do something they inturn show me that they can. I have always used this method to encourage my students that they can do more and pushed them to do their very best in all they attempt to do and it really works. It helps with retention and helps the student to make better choices when they appear ambivalent about staying in school. I especially enjoyed this section of the course because I have always done this but was unaware that it was an actual teaching method. In regard to using music in the classroom. I am going to experiment with this. I have encouraged music to my Typing Class students who seem to be easily distracted in lab and who seem to have trouble focusing. They bring their own headphones and music that relax them and I can see an increase in their typing speeds and decrease in errors so this works also. I want to experiment more especially during Quizzes and Test which always make them tensed.

nice lectures  will help all instructors  nice to know  about IEP's

Sign In to comment