Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Intructor/motivator

As a student and an instructor, I know the importance motivation and enthusiasm for subject matter play.  Instructors who present to demonstrate enthusiasms and excitement about a subject can affect students in a positive manner.  As a student instructors did not have to tell me if they like what they did or not for me to know.  With that said instructors must show motivation for the subject, because students react to instructor’s point of view and convictions.  Instructors who demonstrate enthusiasm also have the opportunity to instill the rational in which students are taking a course.  Most students at times do not see the rational for some subjects, but if an instructor is able to demonstrate correlations to other areas outside of the course, especially in the professional working environment, student motivation can be gained

I couldn't agree more with your statement.  If the students see the that instructor is excited about the topic than that will feed the students motivation and excitement.

I too, could not agree with the statement above. I smile too much. I want them to show--Instructors are to leave problems at home!! I want to know also they I do love what I do and subject as boring it can be, will be exciting and yet needed for the future in health care. It is hard to present instructional material where students are already falling asleep or bored,  That is when I stop lecturing --if a nice day, we take a break a go for a walk around our building. Fresh air...helps, plus it clears the mind. 10 min that is all it takes..and students come back refresh, plus I do let them go to the bathroom before we begin...

Enthusiasm is critical.  I once interviewed a prospective faculty member who said  " I want to teach because I hate clinical dental hygiene".  Needless to say - I may have passed up an excellent faculty member but I did not hire that person because I believe you must love doing what you are teaching.

Shirley, I couldn't agree w/ you more.  For all the years I was in Clinical Dental Hygiene, I loved it for the most part. Dealing with staff members was daunting at times. But actual Clinical, I loved. I hope I will be an effective teacher as I am just starting out. I just finished the 1st Ed 101 in Max Knowledge. I can only hope I can bring into practice what I am learning as a teacher.

Sign In to comment