Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED104

This course was great to accomplish.  The education of changing the way I present the course to my students.  Matter of fact I had a student that was sitting behind the post int he class room so she could sleep.  Well that ended when I moved the table from the post so she had to sit in the middle of the room and stay alert.  Just changing the room so it can work with you as you teach the courses and also gain the respect from the students as well.

Changing the seating arrangement give the class a refreshing atomsphere.  I change the the room at least twice each term.  The classroom designs that are most effective are the "U" shape, hollow retangular, and classroom workshop.  THe "U" shape and the hollow retangular shape promotes student interaction and class discussion.

rearranging desks in the classroom from time to time can also break up the monotony

I also like the idea of changing /rearranging the classroom but not early in the course, as I have found that the first 2/3 days if the students sit in thier assigned seats, you can very easily remember thier names,this is my way of knowing my students by thier names in the first week of class,it gives me a visual sense of memorizing  the names as I go about in the classroom,this has helped me a lot, second week around ,the classroom is rearranged,and this is weekly routine. 

Fortunately my classes are small and I have a visual on all students.  I usually set up a seating chart for myself the first day so I can start memorizing names.  I find that most students choose the same seats for the entire class that they choose on the first day.  They are welcome to move, of course at any time, if they choose.  I also start calling on students by name the first day.  I generally spend ten minutes with the students introducing themselves and allowing the other students to ask them questions.  It really breaks the ice and encourages a comfortable open setting. It also invites open discussion as well.  For instances, some students work.  They mention what they do for work and others are often interested in engaging in this conversation.  Many times students discovered they have something in common from the first day of class.  I also very much enjoy learning a little something early on about each student, so I can engage them in class discussion later on that pertains to their interests.  This exercise is voluntary, but most students enjoy talking a little bit about themselves.

As a new clinical coordinator, I will have limited exposure to intruction. This made me feel a little more confident.

I have always been rather a disciplinarian with inattentive or unruly students in my classes.  I found, however, in the sections of ED104 a more successful and longer lasting method of maintaining a relationship and respect by and for these students.  The other day, the first time I tried what I learned in this module, and it  was very successful; thus, it changed my attitude and and desires to use this newly gained teaching technique.

When I taught ground course;

I used to have students  that were so busy with being on the social networks, instead of learnign the lesson, so what i did  i started to walk around the class room, and began to involve those students in the discussion by making it very funny, and interesting and I spoke in the ling that they understood. then I would relate this to the lesson, and I also bring in real world in the class room.

I have really enjoyed this course

I seem to have alot of students texting during class nowdays. I have found that constant floating tends to discourage this. I also like to seat the worst offenders next to my desk.

Sign In to comment