Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Maximizing Content Input | Origin: EL107

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Designing Dynamic and Technology-Rich Learning Environments --> Maximizing Content Input

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Dynamic Instructional Design | Origin: EL107

Designing Dynamic and Technology-Rich Learning Environments --> Dynamic Instructional Design

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Media Strategies & Instructional Systems Design (ISD) | Origin: EL101

Designing and Developing Online Courses -->  Media Strategies & Instructional Systems Design (ISD)

Course Components | Origin: EL101

Designing and Developing Online Courses -->  Course Components

Learning Activities | Origin: EL101

Designing and Developing Online Courses --> Learning Activities

Characteristics of Quality Online Courses | Origin: EL101

Designing and Developing Online Courses -->  Characteristics of Quality Online Courses

Do You Like This Course?

So far I am impressed with the course. I woul like to get everyone's thoughts on it as well.

Audience

When looking at the rhetorical element of audience what can we as writers do to impact and include audience memebrs? Does a review of the audience demographic help? Why or Why not?

How do you target kinesthetic learners?

Hi!
If you teach a fully online class, what is a good way to target kinesthetic learners?

In one of my classes I give them a practical assignment out in real life and have them come back and share their experience in the discussion board. I am wondering, how others do this.

Thanks!

Teaching fully online courses as if on-ground

Hi!
I have created multiple online courses, where I mimicked what I did when I was teaching on-ground.

When teaching on ground I would never use power points, I always would draw and write on the board, giving my students good notes to take home and study from.

I found it effective when I did exactly the same for my online courses: I have recording video lectures, where I wrote and drew on the screen, as if on a whiteboard. Most students really like this format, because they feel that it's almost the same as sitting in a classroom and… >>>

Elearning Environments

Hello Everyone,

I teach a variety of medical classes and we have a lot of different elearning environments because we have to incorporate EHR software into the learning environment.

Tricia

Cell phones

Do you find cell phones are a help or hindrance?

Incorporating hyperlinks and guest lecturer

Hello,

I normally do not incorporate hyperlinks in my course content. After completing this learning activity it seems like it would be a very good option form my students to retrieve their supplementary reading materials instead of uploading them in the Doc Sharing blog.  I also love the fact that I can have a guest lecturer in the course by circulating a print-based version of what the lecturer would have said. The best part is that I can have the student email their questions to the guest. I love that idea. 

Prof. Cassandre Milien, MSN

Slow Members of the Herd

How do you think it would be best to address the students that are always looking to put in the least effort and only approach an assignment in the 11th hour?

Multiple-Choice tests

Then: multiple choice tests are not going to be used in blended courses?

Give time to process the information

I think that this aspect of giving students time to process information, will be restricted in West Coast University in the seven days of the correspondig week, or I'm wrong?

Activities in the classroom

Please, anyone of you can give me specific examples of activities to be developed in the classroom, in such a way that the students could be motivated, and besides help to reinforce the dianamic learning process?

Digital Natives and me!

I was educated in a country where technology is in the hands of the government as an instrument of power. The Cuban people do not have access to information about what is happening in the world. And that's why I find it more difficult than any other of you, to master the computer tools. On the other hand I will use computer tools that students master much better than me. We are facing a generation that technology is part of their games, their daily entertainment, and handle it as easily as if it were incorporated into their chromosomes. However, my… >>>

Science

I am interested in how to incorporate portfolios into science learning.  This is the one area I would like to focus on as I progress through blended applications. Any suggestions?

Learning by Teaching

I have found that I have learned more about the topics I teach as an instructor than as a student.  I utilize this in my classroom.  The students work in small groups practicing the concepts.  When I mentor one of the students in the group, I have them do the same for the other members.