Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Title IX serves as a way to protect all stakeholders, whether it be students, employees, staff, etc. This allows everyone to feel safe knowing that there are protocols set in place for how to actively handle a situation that requires careful measures.

Building safer campuses is extremely important and needed in all institutions. Title 9 prohibits discrimination based on sex in educational environments. VAWA develops Title 9 by reporting sexual violence via policies and procedures set by the institutions. The Clery Act gives public notice of crime Statistics on college campuses.

Training students and faculty to make them aware and prevent harm based on discrimination is very important . The educators need to aware of these harms that can effect their students.

I found this information to be very interesting but vey detailed to absorb. Lots of info to learn about! VAWA, Clery Act , Title IX

This was a great learning experience about Title IX.   It is valuable information for the classroom and higher learning setting.  

Title IX is designed to protect students, employees, or anyone from being discriminated against based on sexual and gender identity.  As a financial aid officer it is my duty to implement and follow this law to ensure that I'm offering services to all students without any discrimination.

Sadly, I've been in education since Oct 2014 and this is the FIRST time I've received any sort of training on Title IX, VAWA and Clery Act.  Glad I'm here. 

I learned a lot about why Title IX exists and how it protects students from any unwanted situations

Title IX was inacted to protect students, employees, or anyone from being discriminated against based on gender identity.

Title IX exists to protect students from all walks of life equally from any kind of discrimination or situations that might hurt or scar them in any way. I can help this at my campus by being on the lookout for any kind of violation and reporting it, as well as creating an environment that cultivates acceptance and inclusivity.

It is reassuring to know that items like Title IX in place. While I always knew that to an extent institutions attempted to have some form of protection and safety for their environment, I wasn't completely aware of Title IX so this was very helpful to read. I hope I can utilize this to help to ensure that those who entrust their education with my establishment feel safe and know they always have options if they are ever wronged or concerned about their safety. 

Federal law protects employees and students from discriminatory acts and violence on campus.

As a title ix coordinator for a small school, we take title ix extremely serious. All training is revelant and necessary to provide the best service to our students.

Title IX is to help the prevention of discrimination, harassment, and violence against a person based on their sex.

I intend to use this course to educate me on any signs that any of the aforementioned may be happening, either at my place of work, or elsewhere

It is important to provide a safe learning environment for ALL of our students.

It is impotant that faculty know these policies and the school's policies and procedures so they can recognize when another faculty or student is being victimized and know what to do in those situations. 

Clery Act is a law that requires insitutions to report annual statistics on crime occurring each calendar year on or near campus and to dissminate that infor in an annucal security report.

Coming from working in post-acute care, Title IX reminds me of the reporting requiremens for employees in the workplace. What was significant to me is the detail of the law, logging and reporting requirements. Certainly a significant law in safeguarding all students from a hostile environment.

Sexual harasment is included under Title IX and should be reported immidiately. Even as an online instructor, I can apply this training.  I will be able to monitro and assure safety of my student.

This is repetitive training.  It is a good reminder of the requirements of our job.  The legal details are probably a bit much for the average person.

This extremely thorough training on Title IX and VAWA/Cleary Act illustrates the importance of educating college/university staff, faculty, and students on behaviors and/or practices that may be classified as violations of laws and policies.  Through proper trainings and creating awareness on what constitutes discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, etc., we can collective positively contribute to creating and sustaining safe and healthy living, educational, and workplace environments for students, staff, and faculty.  

Reply to Robin Wiebe's post:

This is a very important aspect of a college environment. It allows for a safe and enjoyable work environment. Title XI training is vercrucial for any institution.

Sign In to comment