Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Title IX, VAWA, and the Clery Act are mechanisms that have been put into place in order to protect the rights of individuals. It creates a culture of fairness, transparency, and clarity. 

I believe this training is necessary in order to protect students, faculty, and others who may be on our campuses.

Title IX prohibits discrimination based on sex in educational programs and activites in all federally funded schools.  It protects student, employers, and others from all forms of sexual descrimination regardless of sex including Sexual harassment, sezxual violence, and gender identity discrimination.  It covers acts that occur on campus and at off-campus events sponsored by the college.  The college is responsible for taking "prompt and effective" steps to end the discrimination.  

This training is imperative to insure the safety for students and staff.

It is good to know that our company complies with all provisions that were outlined in the course.   It is helpful to know that the resurces are available for all that may need them.

While each institution is required to have a Title IX coordinator, it is everyone's responsibility to understand the implications of Title IX. 

I am not new to online teaching but the information I found very interestng. I am interested in learning more. 

My institution's Policy No. 57 clearly define our committment to providing a learning, working, and living environment that promotes personal integrity, civility, and mutual respect in an environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex. The college considers sex discrimination in all its forms to be a serious offense. Policy No. 57 also clearly outlines points of contact and procedural steps for reporting and investigating any violations.

The title IX protects the student from discrimination.  The information provided was informative as wel as a refresher.  It is important to always review policies and processes mandated by the board of education.

I have learned that violence agaisnt students can be in many forms and that we have a representative that can handle these incidents if they occur.

I have learned that Title IX was introduced to ensure faculty and students are protected against harassment and violence regardless o their status. Also it promotes and ensures a positive and safe learning environment.

I have worked in previous educational institutions and I really appreciated the narrative, history and stories behind this Title IX and VAWA presentation. I understand how important it for institutions to be even more accountable and proactive when it comes to the health and wellbeing of their staff and students. I also agree that adding gender identity and national origin as new categories of potential bias are inclusive and necessary.

Title IX and VAWA in tandem exist to protect educational communities, particularly institutions of higher education from harassment and violence related to gender, sexual orientation, and other protected characteristics. These exist to hold institutions accountable and to ensure that educational communities have appropriate and procedural suppport for handling incidents of violence and harassment.

Overviewof Title IX and VAWA-increased required reportin and statistics in recent years to keep campuses safer

Title IX yearly training helps to reinforce what we all should be aware of but serves as a great refresher so all students are protected. 

The overview of Title IX and VAWA was very helpful.  I appreciate a focus on safety and this overview has increased my personal awareness.  Having defined policies and procedures will further support a safe campus.  

Title IX was put in place to protect students, employees, or anyone from being discriminated against based on gender identity. I think this a great thing and I agree with it 100%

Having a better understanding of Title IX and VAWA is valuable and should remain at the forefront of my awareness.

All students, online or on-campus are protected by Title IX and VAWA. In my role as an instructor, it is key that I am not only aware of potential discrimination or violence issues but also the proper handling of those in terms of reporting, confidentiality and student support. I work in an online-only environment but have had situations in which someone felt more empowered to make unwanted and inappropriate comments from their side of the keyboard. 

Even though I passed several trainings related to the issues oulined in Title IX, I was not aware about the exact institutional responses. 

Sign In to comment