Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Title IX and the VAWA/Clery Act give great direction on actions that are sexually discriminatory in nature. Policies and procedures must be implemented and executed through ongoing training of Title IX coordinators and any other responsible parties. This helps protects all students, faculty, staff, and administration.  

I have been the Title IX coordinator at our private school since 2017 and have had training every year, but its always good to have a refresher! Im especially interested in getting our student body involved in community events such as "take Back the Night"

I have been the Title IX coordinator at our private school since 2017 and have had training every year, but its always good to have a refresher! Im especially interested in getting our student body involved in community events such as "take Back the Night"

I cannot overemphasize the importance of this training. I have done this training before but this is the most detailed version I’ve encountered and I have learned a lot more from it.

Title IX is a protection for all.  Students, faculty & staff.  Policies need to be in place to protect.  The person in charge of Title IX needs to be a reliable/responsible person passionate about the subject.

While Title IX, the Clery Act, and VAWA promote many worthwhile college policies, this presentation only skims two important issues, namely what a ''preponderance of evidence'' means in practice [including potential ''grey'' areas in testimony, circumstantial evidence, and perspective], and also the real potential for false claims.

Really good training and reminder of how we need to keep our campuses (and corp. office) safe for everyone.

I did not know that transgender students where protected under Title IX and the different forms of sex-based harassment are forms of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX. Reading these definitions will help me be aware of sex-based harassment and able to report it if seen. 

I have learned how this has changed in 2017. I was not aware of that.

I have already had education regarding Title IX

I learned about the different entities associated with Title IX.

Course was useful.

I have learned how important it is for we instructors to be aware of any sexual discrimination that could occur and to do our parts to help reduce the risk of violence and harassment on all levels.

Title IX covers many forms/types of harrassment.I read the material and it just proved to me keeping a "Professional Distantance" is the best defence. I have always respected my co-workers and my students and respect their lifestyles, that is their business.

Although we may be doing on-line instruction, we still must be extremely aware of sexual misconduct that can occur through the on-line platform and in our courses.  As we all know sexual harrassment comes in many forms including lewd and inappropriate jokes and conversation.  This module helps break down and make clear VAWA policies and how it relates to the Clery Act also.

Although the institution through which I'm taking this course is online, I believer Title IX is still relevant.  Types of issues/behaviors that Title IX is concerned with -- including bullying, intimidation, etc -- can still be perpetrated via online.  Through the training, I'm interested in the online focus, and how Title IX addresses paricular issues that might arise from online teaching environments.

I have a better understanding of the Clery Act and VAWA requirements of students, employees, and instatusional obligation. When an event occures also what the instatution is required to have in place for prevention, as well as response and reporting.  The whole idea is to provide a safer place for everyone involved students, employees, bystanders, and victoms.  The confidenciality of the information in reporting as well as response were covered. Its all about making the safest environment possible for everyone at the institution. 

Title IX is a really intereseting since we are a cosmetology school with dorms and have a 98% female enrollmet. However, we also have a lot of students that identify as LGBTQ

Colleges and universities can curb sexual violence on campus and create the safe, respectful, collegiate learning and teaching environment that every student and employee deserves through education, training, ongoing dialogue and a deliberate shaping of campus culture. Federal laws empower educational institutions to take action against sexual violence on campus and drive the culture change that discourages violent crimes among a collegiate community

Being in Higher Education for 27 years I have been through many training sessions on Sexual Harassment, Discrimination, Harassment.  As educators, we were educated about our interactions with students, we were educated about looking after students' welfare, students' safety, and more importantly making sure that students were in a safe and comfortable environment all the time.  We were reminded that even there was a department of Students' Services to look after anything and everything about students safety, welfare, and their physical and mental wellness we as Faculty had a role to be aware, observant, and mindful of students' physical and mental wellness and if we observed an event, or were made aware of an event or an incidence that involved any kind of harassment, discrimination, physical or mental assault on any student(s) it was our legal responsibility to report it to the Dean of Students and the HR.

Before I went through this module I always associated Title IX with Athletics and Gender Equality and fairness, especially to female athletes.  However, I now have learned about Clery Act, I have learned about VAWA, and how they all are connected to Title IX.  I have learned a bit more about the various processes of Title IX.

Sign In to comment