Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The metarubric is a useful quantitative tool for systematically evaluating the rubric, which is something I had not heard of before, but makes perfect sense.

When creating a rubric its beneficial to get the students involved in the process. 

If the assignment attached to the course, in the rubric, can you account for due dates of assignments? Can you account for word count also? In our RAD discussions we instruct the students that the initial post needs to be posted by 3rd day and 2 responses to peers on the 7th day. Do any other programs do this? Also, can the rubric take into account for grammar, punctuation, etc? Or are rubrics geared more for just the content material?

I look forward to your responses.

Robin Johnson

Hello team, what I took in this section of the course was that we must review, pre-test a rubric to ensure the rubric is following good development guidelines and is it the proper criteria reliable and valid. 

Reply to Lisa Hershey's post:  Hello Lisa Hershey, I agree that the rubric need to modied review to promote quality feedback.

Reply to Donald Hayes's post: Hello Donald, yes Instructor should revised the rubric due to following these steps learned in this section are we folloing the guidelines and is the rubric at proper criteria and is it reliable and valid.

The essance, if not components, of a metarubric can be a lens for any assessment or scoring, even an MC test.

The benefits and use of a metarubric. I have struggled with what they versus what I understand from the rubric. This will help. 

There are many compenents to consider when developing a rubic. All components are crucial as to how the student process and receives the feedback as well as to how they will apply it moving forward in their learning process. 

I will use this course in making changes to the rubric.  I think clarity is so important for contributing to the student's success.

Megarubric is a term I was not familiar with. A new tool in my toolbox.

For rubrics to be effective, student involvement is critical.

Utilizing colleague and student input as to clairity of a rubric is beneficial to the revision process

Evaluating Rubrics. Whether you create your own rubric or adapt one, you should review the finished product to evaluate its overall quality.

Clarity of rubrics are essential to the learning environment.

Involving students in the development of rubrics is particularly useful when they are involved in project-based learning.

La metarúbrica es una herramienta destinada a evaluar rúbricas. Lograr la participación de los estudiantes en la producción de rúbricas les ayuda a comprender mejor la tarea y los resultados del aprendizaje.

The best way to evaluate rubrics is to first explain them to students. If it is new to me, it is new to them. I would also encourage students to use the rubric to plan their work, and then as a review tool before submission. As a professor, I would also not assume they will know how to do that.

Understanding the differences between descriptive and evaluative feedback is useful infomation

metarubrics evaluate multiple rubrics for clarity and criteria.

Sign In to comment