Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is vital to the success of the rubric to ensure its reliability.

In my reply to the last unit, I mentioned conducting a test where teachers graded the same papers using the rubric (to test reliability). I was pleased to see that come up here. I also thought that getting students to provide feedback about a rubric coming up for review was excellent! I often have students complain about rubrics and getting that feedback will make the rubrics better.

Nancy Tosh

As I understand Metarubric has evaluate content, clarity, usefullnes and validty.

I agree with you, metarubric shoul be done yearly.

Since it's important that rubrics got well done content, clarity, usefulness and reliability, metarubrics are a great way to achieve it. Never heard of it, but sounds like a great way to deal with rubrics.

Is was really useful to know how the metarubric works and i have to be awared to acomplish every objective in a metarubric evaluation.

The megarubrics help us to define the skills that students should possess by courses and then we can evaluate the exit profile for the world of work. and if not, they can reinforce them.

The rubric follows the development guidelines, establishes the difference between the levels of work. In addition, it will be reliable and valid rubrics will enhance the learning environment.

To include the student involvement in evaluating the rubric for thir understanding and progrees. The inclusion of te metarubric in our work.

La evaluación de la rúbrica es esencial para que se desarrolle una avalúo pertinente a las necesidades del curso.

Metarubrics is a way to test rubrics. It is a new term for me but it is practical.

The Rubric construction process of the Rubric needs a continuous feedback from the students. The rubric process is something always under contruction. 

There is more buy in from the students if they are part of its assessmen.

More learning and reading.

Using a tool like a metarubric to evaluate the readiness of a rubric can be an invaluable tool for the instructor.

Today I learned about metarubrics.

The sandwich method is a great tool to use when giving feedback. Also making sure your criteria is proper, reliable valid, and levels are appropriate. 

In this module, I have learned that feedback is defined as information pertaining to reactions to a product or performance which is used as a basis for improvement. Instructors should keep this definition in mind as they develop and utilize rubrics to assist in the evaluation of students. Feedback may be positive, negative, or constructive. Feedback is provided through the evaluation of student work. This evaluation is not something instructors should do "to" the students, but something they should do "for and with" their students. Feedback is essential to the learning process and should provide students with relevant information.

I learned the importance for create an assessment rubric to implement in class.  The professor will needs somethings to do to create a good rubric.  They need to evaluate the learning outcomes in class and the criteria.  The rubric helps the student to think in the material.

I can see why and how rubrics improve both teaching and learning!

Sign In to comment