Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

That the rubric can be evaulated by both the students and other instructors and the combined feedback can be used to improve it.

I did not know there was a process to evaluate rubrics

I have never heard of a metarubric before.  What a fantastic resource.

Gloria this was my first time hearing about megerubric along with a student rubric. I found this unot to be very interesting.

Rubrics can help to motivate the students.

Feedback whether positive or negative can help an instructor know how their teaching skills are.  And rubiCSR can help access the students progress. 

Reviewing and the revision process are an important part of building a rubric and getting it right.

Leaerning about metarubrics.

I have used my own very simple rubric and I have learned how to create a more dynamic rubric that students can use to practically grade themselves.  Furthermore metarubrics can be used to evaluate my rubrics.

Feedback is important to students so that they can develop their skills and improve their confidence with the content and topic.

When giving feedback it should be descriptive feedback. Rubrics should be modified and enhanced as necessary.

I learned there are many ways to develop rubrics, and the process never stops when it comes to improving and refining rubrics. However, at this point I am not convinced that allowing students to develop rubrics is the best practice. There are other ways to incentivize students without ceding so much control. 

A metarubric is used to evaluate rubrics to be sure that they are valid and reliable. They should be used periodically to ensure the rubrics that you are using are still valid.

I learned that metarubrics are designed to evaluate rubrics.  

Student involement inrubric development is a new concept for me. I will try it out. 

I will be investigating some of the metarubrics online.

They seem to be in place to eva;uate the effectiveness of the assessment tools. This way they can determine if the items being measured are really what are important to an assignment.

Metarubrics are quite a boost to success in learning.

I have learned that rubrics are a grading tool. These still have to be interpreted by instructors. If I have had a particular student in the past and have my own expectations of what this student is capable of would I score them with needs improvement even though this might be exemplary for a different student?

It is important to evaluate the quality of rubrics on an ongoing basis just like instructors need to evaluate the course content and delivery.  I believe using a colleague's input / evaluation of my rubrics may be useful.

Sign In to comment