Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Being clear in your instructions will help each student succeed. Also effective communication is important.

It is important to encourage the online student to read and write.

The emphasis on community. Student success is greater if students have a community to share prior experiences.

The studnet may need to be coached on the value of sharing information durnign classes that are on line. It is important to put the studnet at ease with posting and making paost. there need to be a place wherre the studnet can fill free to post exceptable content while staying the guideline of the program. 

Many factors go into being a successful online instructor. Not only do you have to be great at communicating expectations, relaying important information, being readily available at set times, but you also have to be able to help students identify their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to learning since you aren't right there with them in the classroom. 

Interesting

Communication is a scary thing for many students. Combine this with a student that is an extovert or an introvert. Who do you believe will communicate the best? Students do not want to sound dumb or uneducated or uninformed. A student with lowers grades are relucent to interact. 

I have found that the Community of Practice to be a great way to incorporate activities to help engage my online class. Communication is a very important part in everything we do, as miscommunication or lack of communication is responsible for many things gone wrong in the world today.

Communication is the key to getting your point across. However, I have noticed that students either don't want to read, or completely forget the information within the slide preparation, or PowerPoint. I don't feel I can coerce students to take responsibility for not thoroughly understanding the material no matter how much it is spelled out for them. These are adults, and unless they are forced to drink, you can't lead them through explanations.

The ability to communicate is tied, in my opinion, to the ability to listen. If you do not properly listen, you cannot understand what was said and you cannot effectively engage in the conversation.

Having a good community to communicate with with important for learning in an online forum. 

It is important for students to understand it is vital for them to become good online learners. Part of the responsibility is on them and part of the responsibility is on the faculty. We need to role model the proper way to behave in the online environment through how we communicate in our announcements, our email, our discussions, etc. 

As an instructor, we set the tone of the class.   The class will communicate with us and each others by the example we set.  If we have claer and consice expectations and objectives, so will our students.   Our stdudents will become more engaged if we bring passion to our classes and let them participate and bring their own passion.  

Helpful tips for online communication

Making sure to always improve your communication and clearly explain the task. This will reduce the amount of confusion and have the mental stamina to perform their assignments online. 

The communication model was very interesting to me. I plan to utilize it to improve communication with my students.

There is a difference between passive and aggressive learning/teaching methodologies. 

really useful information.

I Like the CPA - clear, professional, appropriate, and CoP - the community of practice. Two concepts help the students be their best and get the most out of the course.  Knowing how to comport themselves within the class is important.

I like the Jigsaw cooperative project concept. Having group work on separate sections of a presentation and then combining the sections to form one presentation would demonstrate the value of small group and large group cooperation

Sign In to comment