Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As these sessions continue it becomes more clear that miscommunication with students is much different than F2F classroom teaching. Also the development of a community or a Community of Practice (CoP) is also challenging. This certainly underlines what has been previously discussed relative to the communication skills of the instructor.

Becaus online courses may involve reading and writing, it is important that I work with student on their reading and writing skills. 

Student participation is necessary for good online communication skills. Non participation can be solved through passive or aggressive methods.

real Time communication will help the instructor and students understand materials much better. Procras on the instructors side to respond or make changes hurts everyone 

A common theme in this lesson is communication with our students in the classroom and offline. The emaphsis placed communicatiing out expectations to our students about coursework, tests, outcomes, projects, etc. I did like the suggestions about encouraging participation by either a 'passive' or 'aggressive' approach such as private emails and student-led discussions. 

communication is utmost getting thru to your students is a primary concern getting them to interact with the instructor and other students is an excercise in patience to get thru sometimes older students will generally pickit up right away others you have to learn how to reach them and still keep the class rolling along one has to figure out how to reach them 

The importance of helping the students build a community of practice and to understand it's importance. Clear, concise, appropriate communication is key. Be sure to distinguish the difference between writing for professional communication and writing to text and social media. Participation and engagement are typically the result of a good relationship. Building the relationship with online students looks different but is very important. Helping students understand the realities of online courses and arming them with knowledge, tools, and support to be successful. The number one skill is communication!

Creating a safe online community helps students feel safe  when communicating within said community.

Commitment and discipline are key to being successful online learners as well.

Making sure students are being good citizens in their course and using proper work ethinc is very imporatnt. Set them up to commuincate, to work harder, to grow and expand their minds. Hold them to higher standards right away and they will except nothing less. 

Teaching good communication skills that involve honesty will demonstrate care on the part of the online facilitator. Most learners who need to sharpen on writing and reading skills will benefit from trying the various engaging ways online/technology learning can offer. 

From this topic, I have learnt different lessons regarding online classes. I have understood that gaining access to informaiton in the syllabus improves the preparation of students since they become aware of courrse expectations. Likewise, I have learnt that I should be avoid plagiarism since it can iimpact my grades in online classes.

Online communication is critical for the success of students. 

communication is key and shouldn't have misspellings in it

Communication is key to the success of a learning community. If when students are engaged they will certainly perform better. Communication in a learning community must be clear, void of text language, and appropriate for the classroom. 

Communication is key for not only instructors but students as well.

Communication is extremely vital in an online learning environment.  It is vital for all aspects of the class/assignments.

The sooner you establish the importance of participation and engagement in the online course, the less isolated students may feel as they progress through the course.

Students must be able to communicate their ideas and input their thoughts on the subject

I learned that bulleted communicayion can be more effective because it is more precise.

Sign In to comment