Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Clear, professional and appropriate communicate is criticial for the instructor and for the students to learn and have modeled.  Instructors much build a trustworthy online environment to allow stduents to feel safe and trusted to particiapate and collaborate in their online course community.

There is a great amount of information in this module that I plan to incorporate into my teaching. Some of the ideas/items to include are: 1) Understanding palgiarism 2) Wed resource evaluation 3) Acedemic honesty policy 4) Wikibooks 5) Community of practice and 6) Email guidelines.

Communication is on-going and vital in an online learning environment.  

It's important to teach good digital citizenship practices. Good comunication skills are extremely important, both for the content and to build the relatonships with the learners.

I have learned several new techniques for keeping online students participating and engaged.

Being able to communicate clearly makes the learning environment lower stressed and more productive

As an online instructor, it is crucial to establish procedures for how students should communicate with you and each other.

Communication is key in online learning. Whether it is between instructor and student or student to student... clear, respectful communication will keep all engaged.

Be clear and concise when communicating with students online. 

Communicating effectively is key to any invironment. Students need to be instructed to communicate effectively both orally and written terms.  All students and teachers hhave diffrenet styles in learning and teaching. The internet has self inventory asking "How do you learn?" Ty 

Clearly communication is of utmost importance in designing and explaining course objective, assignments, projects, expectations and between instructor, students and student to student.  It sounds strange to me, but a simple phone call can solve many problems before they impede student progress.  

CPA ... what a wonderful acronym!  Clear, Professional, and Appropriate ... very helpful!

The most important aspect of an online course is effective, consistent communication.  When communicating there is the message sent, receiver, feedback provided, and then back to the sender.  Students must see themselves as members of a community and participation is essential to seeing themselves as a member.

This module makes the point that online instructors are first teaching online learners to be good online citizens and then teaching content.  Communication needs to be clear and professional.  Community building is just as important in an online class as in a face to face class.

When engaging with others, whether in person or remotely, soft skills are imperative.  It's important to set the guidelines as to what is appropriate communication in a variety of online formats in order for students to understand boundaries and proper netiquette.  I plan to apply this in Rubrics.

Professional communication should be consistent, error-free, and void of texting or instant messaging (IM) language. Professional communication is consistent with the rules or regulations for communicating within the course, or other environments.

Learning appropriate communication skills in an online class is wonderful preparation for communication skills needed in most careers.

Using technology to create a Community of Practice allows students to collaborate ideas, learn from each other and remain actively involved in the learning process.  It provides all the oppertunity to bring their expertise, understanding and a platform for their voice to be heard along with hearing others and learning from each other.

Clear and concise communication is key to online learning. Starting with the syllabu, students should know what is expected of them. 

Online citizenship is important in an online course because students need to be taught the proper communication methods for respondind to emails.  I liked that this course emphasizes the fact that Texting language is very different than email language, and the two should be seperate.

Sign In to comment