Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learn hoe rubics can help with evaluation of students

The importance of developing a good rubric and the consistency it provides for both teacher and student. I need to develop better rubrics. It's important to analyze communications carefully. The key is creating an online environment that is motivating for all students as well as encouraging while promoting respectfulness and value for our community members in a place where everyone feels safe to share, be understood and accepted.

Online learning will always be a work in progress. The learning components should be clear and concise for students to be able to navigate. You should always have an open communication with all students since some will need guidance and help more than others. Most of them will be willing to help their other fellow students so that thet all can succeed.

Collaboration among the instructor and students as well as among the students themselves is crucial to the facilitation of the course and student success. 

The main idea is you need to have a rubric where you set the guideline of how many responses to classmates the students must have, along with a oint valuie for how the discussion will be graded. The one thing is that it should be specific with the details. Including how many words the inital discussion should be and how long the responses should be and when the due date is.

Rubrics are a great way to score students

I gained from this module that it is very important to design and use a rubric for good communication in the online class.  When I have an online class I will make sure to get lots of examples of rubrics on effective communication in an online course.

Communication and the establishment of an effective rubric are the key to managinf an online classroom.

Buy-In is the key to effective communication

I am reminded of the importance and value from using rubrics. I will concentrate my focus on rubric development to ensure that my feedback is consistent, objective, and timely.

Establishing and Promoting Community Values and Creating Rubrics for Communication Assessment

What I have learned, is the importance of setting up an on line learning enviornment for the students to began the learning experince with expectation and accountability

Creating an learning evironment that allow student to interact with each other with judge of opinion, an the rules of respect to learning on line. Rubrics to help both the intsructor and student understand the evaluation of each student work or group colleration efforts to complete an assignment with fairness. 

I truly agree that the best way to evaluate the online discussion is through consistent feedback using grading rubric.

Using a rubric is a good tool to use for communication. Encourage dialogue and participation with online policies.

Communication and collaboration work together to deepen knowledge. I liked the use of rubrics and peer evaluation. I am left with a question (from my own personal experience) as to how are students prepared to deal with a member of their team who refuses to show up, or not follow through on their contribution to the project?  Peer evaluation may be one way to allow students to express their disappointment, and yet how is that communicated respectfully and positively? Also, if the project is graded, do all suffer for the lack of contribution by one?  

Personalization helps to provide a face to discussions and enhances a sense of community. Online Rubrics are essential.

I have stated this in previous posts, but rubrics are key here. The students need to know how they are being evaluated and a rubric can provide that. Not only will it give the students the information that they are needing, but it gives the instructor a consistent way to assess each of the students and provide them with meaningful feedback. 

Set specific rules and requirements for the students. This can also include students writing and grammar in their discussions/posts and blogs. 

Having a rubric can help you be consistent in providing feedback.

I found the "guide on the side" points to be beneficial. To remember that teaching online has some very different techniques vs. F2F teaching. Also, about how to build the online community.

Communication, collaboration, and rubrics allow for learners to better understand the outcomes desired.

Sign In to comment