Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Reading, commenting and using a rubric for grading discussion boards are all useful. 

Communication is vital!  I have a better understanding of the rubric.

The usage of a Rubric its a great tool for teachers and it helps with discussion, communication and collaboration.

Rubrics are critically important. They provide feedback for the student and help allow the instructor to maintain consistency.

I like the idea of using rubrics to be consistent in grading discussion forums.

A well designed rubric provided before the start of a project, will make expectations clear and provide enhanced learning.

Discussions as a best practice have become tedious - participation policies and rubrics can be used to re-energize this aspect of an online course

Good communication must be specific.  Students must understand what an instructor means and expects from them!

I learned that students are individuals and they all learn differently. We as teachers have to recognize and adapt to that.

Collaboration and communication are two components to develop a successful online community.

I learned that discussion boards builds type of classroom community. Has anyone ever thought about doing a seperate discussion board and keeping it open for student questions? or even a group chat on team?

Rubrics are great to give students a tool to follow for an assignment to know the expectations.

As a part time instructor and a very long retail optical management experience, I confirm communication and collaboration are the key points for a successful on-line learning environment and an effective team player in a future work place.  

Learned a little more about rubrics and how they facilitate understanding and expectations of course.

A rubric is an essential tool for both students and instructors for adhering the the format of an assignment. 

Students should have a clear expectation of what is required of them during their online communication with their peers and their professor.

Thought the part about building a community makes sense. Using communication to connect the students and ultimately encourage collaboration within the classroom could be really helpful. 

Communication, rubric and collaboration are key components in student success.  

Due to the generational differences we have some adventages over other kind of communicators. We are teaching and learning from the students as is a feedback from one to each others about the good communication

I think the most relevant point here is the need for a clear set of expectations (rubric) to develop not only a healthy environment for communication, but also a shared sense of community in the online classroom.  

Sign In to comment