Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To measure communication accurately among students, I employ a multi-faceted approach. Besides traditional assessments, I incorporate collaborative projects, discussions, and peer evaluations. Tracking participation, both in quantity and quality, helps gauge engagement. 

It is important to have a consistent way of measuring the effectiveness of the communcation of students.  Rubrics are designed to do this.

Put out expectations and boundaries up front. Constantly monitor the communication. Don't post to much. And use a rubric.

I appreciate being able to better learn and understand how to help students within this area.

Being a guide on the side to encourage student conversations and for student to rely on each other and not the instructor.

It is important to grade students fair and consistently through the use of rubrics.  It is also important to be a "guide on the side" during on-line discussions.  The instructor should provide guidance and feedback, but the students should be responsible for the primary discussion.

It's critical to provide specific feedback when asking students to revise or make changes to their work going forward. Using a rubric ensures that all students will receive standard deductions for these errors. It's also helpful to give students resources in the feedback if you need them to make changes. An example of this would be an APA formatting website.

Rubrics help assess the students work more effectively

Sign In to comment