Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It's certainly very important for the instructor to set and maintain a civil tone for online communication, both among students and between students and teachers!

Having a code of conduct and being stern about it is important. Structure in the classroom and online classroom is key.

I have learned that effective communication implies Conduct Code during online interaction in all forms, this could be a text message, email, or social media, it is vital to follow etiquette rules. guidelines to maintain healthy and effective communication.

I liked the discussion board grading rubric. If you want to get your students to participate in the discussion board, I think that the instructor should also participate in replying back to the students and also give their opinion on the discussion board topic.

establishing online communication ettiquette is important

As an instructor, I try to set a pattern and stay consistent with my communication. It is important to set boundaries.

Learned about ways to moderate communication in an online course.  

Civility is crucial to effective communication

Utilization of different forms of communication and selecting those that are in line with my personal teaching and communication style for effectiveness. Setting the tone for professional communication. 

Coming from a military background the typing in all CAPS and blunt messaging was how business was conducted. This helped me understand and highlight some of the differences and how to overcome them. 

Make sure to be clear about your rules and policies on communication.

I learned it is imperative to establish communication guidelines for different means of communication available within the course. As well as establishing consequences for those not being followed. Rubrics are a excellent way of establishing the guidelines for things such as discussions, I have always used them in my courses. It lets students know what is expected and how they will be graded. 

A code of communication ensures that students correctly follow the guidelines and code of conduct.

Understand that there's more than one guidelines for communication or communication codes of conduct that can improve the way that we teach

I learned a lot about facilitating better communication through the development of patterns that help students understand the basic flow of information conveyed in an online course. The emphasis on clearly outlining expectations for student participation and engagement provided a lot of new ideas about how to better approach communication virtually.  

All communication should be laid out with the syllabus for a guideline to follow.

Email platforms like Gmail and Outlook facilitate structured communication, while instant messaging apps such as Slack enable real-time collaboration. Social media platforms support professional networking, and webinars enhance virtual engagement. Voice and video messaging add a personal touch, while chatbots automate responses for efficiency. 

I have learned the importance of communicating my expectations concisely and consistently.  I must also model the types of communication I expect of the students.

Mkae sure to set boundaries up front on the communication code of conduct and encourage participation.

I so appreciate being able to learn more about this topic in order to better assist my students.

Sign In to comment