Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Set clear communciation guidelines and boundaries with student at the onset.

Staying on top of communication is key to having a successful online course.

I have learned to communciate with students 

Development of a communicaiton code of conduct is vital for a successful online communication between student and instructor. Makeing sure communicaiton is clear and precise will help form a effective pattern of communicaiton.

I've learned that I must set rules, expectations, boundaries and to make sure that my students understand that our interactions are extremly important for the class to be sucessful.  My availavlity and follow up is essential as well. 

There are many forms of communication availablet to us as instructors now a days. It is important to put policies and procedures in place so that nettiquite is followed by all. 

Managing online communication requires setting, stating and modeling the conduct that should adhered to. Clear communication and constant monitoring is a must for the instructor of the course.  The instructor is also responsible for motivating and prompting continued discussion as they review and comment on student responses. 

Reply to Judith Jerauld RN's post:  It is also important for students to be civil in their communication and that there must be clear guidelines and consequences for not complying to the rules.

It is important to have a clear code of communication and for the instructor to set the example and ensure the students adhere to it

Clear effective communication is important for students to follow instructions and succeed in class. Communication is also important to guide students into participating or correcting mistakes. 

Be clear about what is expected from students when it comes to DQ responses. 

I have learned the that in an online course there should be communication guidelines to enhance the course.  I will add these to my syllabus for future courses.

Having a grading rubric provides a simplified and justified value when grading and providing feedback. 

A Communication Code of Conduct is very important and should be established from the start of the online course. 

Managing communication in a clear and transparent method is important for students to be successful in understanding and clarifying questions.

What I learned in this module is that I can establish rules and policies according to school's catalog a swell as answering the  discussions and correcting discussions appropriately.

Rules and guidelines are very important and making certain everyone understands the ground rules. 

Great ideas of modeling Civity with rubrics and examples

I learned how important it is to establish the guidelines at the beginning of the course and to make the rules of engagement transparent.

The Communication Conduct policy/expectations is something I will implement formally - many faculty already have some kind of guidance, but I'd like something formalize for the campus.  Too often students approach communication like a text message to a friend - very informal, text abbreviations, etc.  

Sign In to comment