Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is very important to use appropiate technology during the course and assesment of the technolgy tools used.

While I was reading the previous content, I reflected on how much the Covid-19 advanced skills that it was necessary to adopt. The types of technologies recommended based on the number of members in the group has an understandable definition at this time.

I have learned using an end-of-course evaluation is an excellent way to obtain feedback from students about the entire communication process. I will apply the evaluation to offer suggestions the next time the course is taught or the next time the technology is used. 

I've learned that communication technology can serve more than one purpose.

I have not considered Social Networks as a comunnication channel with students, but definetly I will start implementing it.

Using more polls to make them more aware during the class too.

I had never thought of using TikTok in my online classes! I am excited to try it:-)

Its inportanat to make sure that the students can respond with the nessasary material

Do your research and find the best way to communicate with your students.

It is wonderful to learn all the different avenues for communication, including social media. I also feel it is important to ask for feedback from students to guage the effectiveness of the avenues used. 

It was good to learn about how technology can be an effective communication tool..  The suggestions on how to use the tools for information and the adjustments for each tool to provide better effective communication.  I appreciated the reminder regarding student feedback.  

Some instructors are uncomfortable using personal cell phones to text with students and I know there are software tools that support this functionality without using your actual phone number. What do you all use for text messaging students?

There are a variety of tools that can be used to communicate with students and amongst peers. It is important to determine the appropriateness of each tool when being used to ensure the more effective means of communication. 

Effective communication is essential for success in each and every environment, academia and elsewhere.

The use of technology can be helpful if it is used in the right format. It will enhance the learning and teaching in the class setting. 

There are several ways in which technology can be used to communicate with your students. Unfortunately, we have to stay within the parameters our university will permit for documentation purposes.

I have learned of the various types of communication that can be used in an online corse that can be beneficial in enhancing the student experience. 

I plan to communicate more with students using other modes of communication, then evaluating which one seems to be the most effective.

I have learned that there are many forms of communication and that it is imperative to assess technology tools to ensure high-quality communication between instructor to the student (I2S), student to instructor (S2I), and student to student (S2S). To ensure that the technology device is effective, it is also important to ask questions that will help identify obstacles that may arise during the technology trial phase. 

In this module I learned about the different methods of communication using technology.  It is important that the method or methods that are chosen are effective for the student and the instructor.  The feedback from the students assist in making changes or adjustments as needed to improve the communication method.  The  different variety of methods was analyzed including the pros and cons of each.   

What I find difficult to understand is the context of these courses that seem to imply that an instructor is free to use whatever tools are avaialble on the market.  At my university, we use Zoom.  That's it.  We don't Skype; and to my knowledge, we don't use social networking platforms.  I would be opposed to social networking - I'm the professor - not a friend.

Sign In to comment