Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Technology has endless tools that help us with effective communication between the teacher and the students. Depending on the objective-based on learning, we can determine which tools will be effective according to the needs and situations that arise. The basis is to look for strategies where the student shows that he is learning.

Using the correct tool is an important part of communicating, although we might not use every function, it is important to know which tool suits our class more.

After know that technology tools , the rest is very, very simple and easy going.

Me llamó muchísimo la atención el uso de las redes sociales para desarrollar el aprendizaje a través de la tecnología. Yo soy participante de grupos educativos. Pero no se me había ocurrido el desarrollar un grupo con los estudiantes. La versatilidad de comunicación nos ayuda a dar más alternativas de presentar el conocimiento.

Creo que es importante conocer que herramientas de comunicación son las más efectivas para nuestros estudiantes. El uso del teléfono es crucial.

I learned that the utilization of technology is a process that should developed in a orderly manner.

1. Identyfy

2. Use

3. Evaluation

4.Assesment

Each stage of the process has to be carefully applied.

Very Valuable tools.

I had never thought to implement the use of social media in my class and will be researching what the best way to do so would be! I also will be assessing whether the communication tools I have been using are effective or not by asking my students after a few weeks as stated in the module. 

Even tough social media its a great way to interact with students, you got to be sure the students have access to that technology. Got to see for the pros and cons of the used media.

Its is very important understand the technology when discussing formative topics 

Using technology can help students communicate effectively depending on the method and the skill taught. 

Before choosing technology tools to utilize in an online course, you need to evaluate yours options and assure that the tools align with the learning outcomes and communication goals.

To maintain effective communication, it is necessary to define the means of communication and the tools available and above all the agreement between the students and the teacher. Establish clear guidelines.

Professors need to understand the technology available to them when communicating with students.

I discovered the usefulness of many social networks that I did not know before.

There are many communication platforms today and we are to choose the right format that helps students and instructors communicate effectively. 

By understanding the purpose of using the specific communication  platform and receiving feedback from students one can adjust the process as needed to better support the course needs. 

I have learned that it is important to utilize all forms of technology and software available.  It is also important to make sure the tool is an effective form of communication and works well with the course. As instructors we also need to communicate how we would like our students to communicate with us.  Whether it be text speak or professional speak.  I feel that in order to prepare these students to the working professional world, text speak should not be allowed.

I learned that there are several ways to communicate with small groups including email, FaceTime, texting, teleconferencing, and telephone. 

There are many ways to communicate with students. Online instructors need to research which tools will be most effective and should base their choice on their comfort level with each possible tool. Students should be asked to provide feedback during and after the course in order to effectively evaluate each technology tool's effectiveness.

Technology should be varied, i.e., one on one, small and large group and it should not hinder the teaching process... it should enhance it. 

Sign In to comment