Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned that it is imperative to obtain feedback from students to assess the technology communication tool in formative and summative formats which will provid the instructor with ongoing feedback throughout the course.

I learned that it is important to select the correct technology tool and that while a tool may have many components, the instructor does not have use them all. Also learned that formative and summative assessment of the tools are necessary to improve communication throughout the course.

That the technology tool should enhance the learning for the student and enhance communication between the student and instructor, and between the students themselves. 

I have learned that the most effective tools for efficient communication with students is the one that we use in the proper way when investigating it, such as email, text messages, whatSapp, etc., since what we are looking for as an instructor is that the message arrives in a clear, precise and understandable way, so that the student can make the correct decision.

I have learned that instructors should make use of the different technology tools that are available. Constant evaluation of these tools are important throughout the course, so that it can help the instructor to make some changes if necessary.

CTC

It is essential to know what technology is available. Study each one and use the on that is best for the course. 

Different groups of students may require a different teaching system.

There is so many great ways to communicate with students online. Email, social media, your online forum. I have foudn that with my younger students they are more than likely to respond to me if I send them a text. If I call first chances are they will not answer. 

Researching and deciding which communication tools work best is important, as each population is different and different ways of communication can be utilized for best efficiency.  

A dizzying array of communication technology tools exist.  I'd begin by utilizing whatever tools are recommended by my university, school district, or college.

Being an online instructor it's very important to stay up to date with technology and know what's available in terms of communication capabilities with my students; especially the younger ones who don't like to talk on the phone and would rather text or email.  

I find that relationships can develop naturally online, but unless you are careful, some students may fall through the cracks. The comments and suggestions posted here were very helpful, with good tactics to prevent that very thing from happenning.

I have learned the importance of diffrent social media/ technology tools in my teaching online and how to adapt each to what is compatible to my student's learning styles

There are various resources and technology which ccan help online faculty.. maximize it

i have been using social media platforms for alternative area for material to be posted and iscussed on. this just affirms it for me

The Instructor should have a better understanding of the technology and making sure the technology tools choosen align to effectively have a better outcome.

It is important to choose the proper communication tool to maximize efficiency and understanding with students.

I have learned about the different formats of communication available using technology for online education. I'll research them to find the ones that will work the best for myself and the students, checking often to determine if the students needs are being met.

This module was a nice reminder of the different forms of online communication.

Instructors should be prepared to use an end-of-course evaluation AND use this feedback to improve the course. If an end-of-course evaluation is requested, but the feedback is not used to improve student outcomes it is a waste of time for the instructor and students. 

In this section the biggest thing is to choose the right medium for how to get your messages across. Depending on what you want to speak about there is a good medium for that. As we get more seasoned making those choices should become easier. 

Sign In to comment