Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As a facilitator, we do wear 4 pairs of shoes and all of them a focused on a learner centered environment. To provide proper guidance to the learner, we should always be clear and concise in our communications in order to guide them through the learning process successfully.  It is important that we encourage them to "buy into" our program from the syllabus to the assessments.

It seems that this module is teaching you to look at your course from all angles, including through the students’ eyes. You need to take their feedback into account and make sure that their voices are being heard to increase the feeling of community in the course. This will also help with future planning of curriculum delivery within the course. Letting you know what works and doesn’t work well when it comes to the delivery.

All these courses are starting to become repetative, but it is good because I am learning that many of the technologies and strageties can be used in diffrent enviornments or teacheing methods. 

I learned the importance of feedback in order to improve learning objectives.

The feedback we give online students is very important and can help guide the student on improving his/her content on the assisgnment given. 

A great point in the reading states that online learning is intended to "foster learner centeredness".  Teachers must remember that the focus of the online learning course is the students and not the technoogy in use.

I love the terminology used to describe this crutial role of the online instructor, Guide on the Side.  We msut view ourselves as being just to the side of the student in their learning process, just like in the physical classroom.  

I will review my courses to see if there is Guide on the Side elements incorported into the online course.

knowing ther roles of the faciliator

As the facilitator of the online course,  I must provide students with guidelines that reveal expectations of their communications within a course and with me also. The syllabus will show what is expected.  The expectations should be imbedded in assessments also. 

Feedback is essential in fostering a learner-centered environment.

When creating an e-learning environment where the teacher is to serve as a facilitator there are three key areas:

• Focus should be placed on students rather than the technology used
  • Learning activities should be authentic problem-based experiences
  • High quality feedback must be provided

I will use this information to help develop future syllabi, and in structuring courses.  I believe these three pieces should be considered through each phase of online courses.

I learned that asking students for feedback throughout the course will make the course better and better each time it is used.  I will be sure to use student feedback to improve the course to ensure it works as efficiently as possible.  

I learned about the different roles that an online teacher fulfills and importance of getting students engaged.  I think that I tend to be a high control type of teacher and will have to work toward being more of a facilitator of communication and learning.

Working with the students to provide opportunities to be involved and communicative while also assuring that the content of their posts are correct and appropriate are important in the online forum.  Additionally, communication, evaluation, feedback all facilitate revisions and updates to the course as deemed necessary by the instructor to ensure that the course is of the utmost quality.

Provide informative feedback. Feedback may be the most important aspect of the role of facilitator. 

Online learning requires the instructor to wear many hats. Instructor, social director, program manager and technial assistance. It is important to know each one of these roles in order to for students to have a successful online learning experience. 

Feedback is very critical to students and instructors alike. It sets you up for success and improvement.

I have Learned from the past and current experiences to adjust accordingly for the class and still be within the objectives of the class. Also getting feedback from students to help with the adjusting for future classes to make it even better. I find this something that is ongoing.

Is is becoming more and more apparent that when building an on line coarse that watching listening and reflecting on the students input as well as output is a key element in the construction of a successful on line coarse.

The idea of teacher as facilitator to the students learning is great. You are providing opportunities for the students and giving them access to the information and technology. The student-centered classroom then would put the ball in the students' court to move further from their.

Sign In to comment