Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned the importance of choosing, assessing, and using the right technology tools for the right job when teaching online.  Identifying and contuniously assessing my teaching style while looking for ways to better facilitate learnkng is key to students successfully meeting course outcomes while having a memorable and enriching classroom experince.

This module is the firend of the instructor anf the student. It is important that as an instructor tha you learn how it works and make sure that it works correctly before putting it out for the students. There should also be feedback from others to see if the technology is useful and functional.

One thing that was brought to my attention is the use of voiceover powerpoints. I have not thought of using this technology in the LMS, but I belive it would be of huge benefit to students.

The most important idea that I took away from this module is how to use technology to assist myself and students.  Technology can be used to help teachers through online trainings. When choosing technology tools, teachers should review the tool to be sure that it works correctly and is set up to achieve the highest learning possible for the student.  

I learned that tools may have a multitude of functions, but it's essential to match the right tool with the function that is appropriate for student learning.

What tools to use for instructing best for teaching and learning. Students feedback very important

i learned about how to match tools to teaching style for max effectiveness

I learned aobut the various technology  tools and how to match them to teaching styles for facilitated learning.

I have learned about different teaching styles and the roles instructor must be aware of when providing online teaching. This helps me understand how not to leave any students behind and be aware of student needs. When planning, consider things from every angle. 

There are many teaching styles and a variety of teaching tools to enhance each teaching style. It is important to assess the type of instructor you are and then assess the teaching tools to determine what works best with your style of teaching and for the student.

It is a more elaborate and much more specific plan. Taking into account the material as it is taught, the tools of use and the objectives of the class. I would like to apply it to each topic of the class. At a weekly level to be able to accustom the student that for example: on Mondays there is theory, on Tuesday deliver the Monday assignment and clarify doubts, Wednesday tutorial and Thursday doubts of this week and review of the week with a quiz.

When a technology tool is difficult to use or learn , teaching and learning are inhibited. The tool should support, not hinder, the teaching and learning.

Becoming a facilator allows for instructors to gage the tools we are using to better educate our students in an online environment.

Exploring the resources we have also allows for us to make our classes more engaging and keep the focus on learning.

When teaching a class the teacher must decide what technology tool is best for both teacher and student and not just the teacher.  Lecturing should not go past 15 minutes.  There are several ways to get information across to students effectively.  Students are different so choose wisely.

I agree utilizing different tools are necessary but we the instructors needs to identify, what types of learners are in the classroom setting. 

Since this pandemic started and we were sent home from school, I have received SO MANY emails for tools to use to teach my content to my students.  I have listened to webinars, sat in on many Zoom workshops, participated in GoToMeetings on so many different tools that are available - most free, but some cost quite a bit (those companies are very proud of their products) - to me.  Like your tool box at home for repairs, you have to be sure you use the right tool for the job you want to do - You don't use plyers to screw in a screw - and you don't use a flat head screwdriver to hammer a nail.  When it comes to Tech Tools, you must understand the style/type of teacher you are, match that to the tech tool(s) that will work best, remembering that Facilitating is what you should strive for to provide for student centered learning where active learning develops along with critical thinking and problem solving.

Monitor, assess, and reflect on the effectiveness of the tools, technology, and methods used to acheive the learning outcome desired.

I love the overlap of whole child learning through a new lens; instructor can set a pace and allow a student to participate in the process.

Technology tools assist in engaging students, the teaching process, and organizing the course and course content. I will use several technology tools to enhance teaching and learning. I will be embedding questions in voice-over PowerPoint.

As a technology teacher I enjoyed helping students learn to use technology and apply the lessons learned through hands-on experiences. In this section I agree that the teaching style used can have a great impact on the learning outcomes. When I think of how I learn, I try to put myself in the position of the students with varying learning styles and abilities. Straight lectures can be boring but as a facilitator of the learning I believe that teachers can determine whether or not students are understanding the tasks or the information given. Facilitation allows students can find their own strengths and weaknesses, Powerpoint can be a very effective tool, I have not used voice-over PowerPoint but I can see how this method can be helpful but should not be done for the entire PowerPoint presentation.

Sign In to comment