Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Course Revision and Improvement | Origin: EL103

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Teaching Online: A Student-Centered Approach --> Course Revision and Improvement

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Multiple evaluations are always better than just one. In order to effectively analyze the design of the course, this is necessary. 

I realized that I will need multiple ways for evaluating students.

It was important to learn you shouldn't revise your course based soley on student feedback and it takes multiple sources from stakeholders to make revisions.

Multiple sources are best practice when it comes to evaluation of your work and student performance. 

It will take multiple tools, from your multiple stakeholders, to provide the feedback that you will need to make continuous changes that improve your online course and close the loop!

Use multiple tools to provide you with feedback that is needed to make critical, meaningful, continuous changes that enhance your online course.

I learned that you can't just rely on ony type of evaluation to revise a course. Its neccessary to use multiple evaluations and multiple inputs from your stakeholders to improve the course.

I learned you need mutlple inputs from mutiple stakeholders to "close the loop" It is very important to us the input for course revision, the beggining should lead to a better end.

Very nervous about moving to distance learning with PN program.  I realize that since we have never instructed this way before that it will definately not be perfect and will require multiple evaluations with changes.

It is best to use multiple data sources for revisions. This provides you to make those critical and meaningful changes 

Invite feedback from peer evaluator about the course I teach.

There is one thing I will never forget that I learned in my undergraduate degree.  I have been able to apply this in every aspect of my life.

Needs Assessment, Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation.  This 4 step process is an ongoing process that can be used for anything anytime.  Growth happens when we are constantly finding ways to better ourselves and our processes. 

No class is the same, no material is the same, and students are not the same. That's why it is important to consider different assessment techniques / tools for have a good and complete overview of a teaching assignment.

I have learned that you should use multiple form of evslustions

Have done many of these explained in the material. However, will add a Pre-Test. Mainly our office does this to check for general technical knowledge but I can add this to my class to institute a general overall level and specific levels particular to a student.

I learned what "closing the loop" means. I also learned reasons to revise a curriculum and all the ways that a course can be evaluated. Very interesting. I think i'll try a portfolio with the students.

What have you learned from this module and how do you intend to apply it?

I always asked for student feedback to change my course content or syllabus. I never really thought about asking parents or the institution about what I should change in my course. That's an interesting perspective. 

I like the suggestion to have a peer review my course. That should be a great way to get honest feedback and positive insights on how to improve what I am doing. 

Multiple evaluations are needed for learning.

Sign In to comment