Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Through this material I am reminded of the impact of our feedback throughout a course and how much time and attention it deserves. It can not only help the students learn but also help us form better relationships with out students. 

The Rubrics is a great way to provide feedback to students, provide a consistent grading system, due to the objectives that are established for all students. 

The importance in rubrics while grading assignments - also the importance of providing individual feedback to the students with a rationale in the discussion posts.

Self-assessment, before the final delivery of an assessment activity, seems like a very good tool for the student to continue learning. In addition, it is a tool that will help them grow as student and as person. When the group can responsibly self-assess, then I will take the next step: peer assessment

Feedback is essential to the students' learning journey.

I learned that feedback is vital for students. 

There must be a balance of formative and summative assessments in courses because it provides students and professors with information about the learning occurring. Rubrics are excellent examples because they provide students with specific guidelines for assignments/projects. Moreover, they provide instructors with a way to measure student work against designated criteria and assign a point value to each standard. Additionally, the guidelines are provided to the students before the assessment is completed. Furthermore, instructors must give meaningful feedback that connects the learning objectives and is specific, detailed, individualized, and expressed in an appropriate manner and tone that provides students with information to help them increase their knowledge and/or skills.

Ensure that meaningful feedback is being provided during assessment of student work. Components of meaningful feedback include: connecting it to course objectives, having a positive tone, and providing individualized feedback.

personalizing feedback is important and help reaching each students learning needs.

providing feedback to your students helps improve their skills and helps with motivation. 

I really like the idea if a quick question to answer in the middle of learning that is ungraded. Or possible a quick check in question that is also ungraded. 

This module focused on assignment feedback for students.  This includes developing a rubric for grading, self and peer assessments and providing individualized feedback to students to assist in improving their performance.

Assessment plans are important and rubrics should be mandatory for all assignments, otherwise I believe the student does have a right to argue their grades aren't accurate or that they weren't aware of a certain requirement. To ensure efficient communication, all assignments should have a rubric. More assessments regarding the efficacy of courses would be beneficial and an exit ticket is a strategy I would consider implementing.

Be specific with feedback and tailor it to each individual student.

Rubrics are helpful for self-examination and they also help the student have a spelled out guide for the paper/project.  Formative and Summative assessments have a slight difference. 

Ruberic and student assessments and feedback are critical to student engagement

I learned the importance of self-assessment and peer assessments to gain buy in from students. 

Feedback is certainly important, but we must remember we are dealing with adult learners, who arrive in our classrooms with varying degrees in their wealth of knowledge and experiences. Therefore, using a feedback allowing for a growth mindset interlaced with a formative and summative feedback could work nicely.

I especially liked the concept of connecting feedback to the objectives and rubric for a positive learning experience. 

Critiquing the work of fellow students is a valuable learning tool.

Sign In to comment