Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This course have been very enlightning and I will definitely use thers strategies to enhance my teaching skills.

There are many different reasons for students to not engage with the online learning environment and course content. Instructors should closely monitor each student and provide individual communication with each student as necessary. The goal of such individual communication is to keep the student engaged in the course and to troubleshoot any issues preventing full and appropriate student participation.

Managing the E-learning environment is the responsibility of the instructor. As a instructor, it is important to communicate to the students to avoid conflicts.

I will offer suggestions if students having problems regarding techical or internet support. 

This was helpful in learning about the different forms of student behaviors that may exist and suggestions for managing them. 

Staying organized is important! A good record-keeping strategy is necessary. Communicating with students is important but needs to be confidential and recorded/saved.

I learned that disrupters may be less disruptive in an asychronis learning environment, but I need to have strategies to deal with them nonetheless.

This was very helpful learning about students who may feel alienated while e-learning.

I feel teaching online course is harder than in-person. We have to keep the students engaged in the content and be respectful to others in the virtual class. There is fewer discrutpion if teacher and students built a relationship. It's more challenging to build relationship in virtual class. 

how to avoid ailienating studedents in the e-learning environment

Online teaching and learning, although its not a new concept it is the new normal. It does take a new level of maturity, commitment and responsibility for students to set their own pace  and agenda. It comes down to scheduling and commitment to completing the work designed to accomplish fruition. 

Communication is key. Quick and to the point communication will help stave off unnecessary issues. 

Staying engaged can alert to changes in student behaviors and reveal diengagement. It is important to support the student in the virtual environemt to promote retention. 

I am finding that the newer versions of the learning managment systems are starting to include new and better facilities for managing student records.  Integrated email and messaging, more capability to communicate on assignments through the gradebook and so on.  These new tools are helping a lot.

I never thought about the fact that student personalities are just as varied online as they are in face-to-face settings.  This basic information is very helpful!

I felt pretty identified with this module because I have had several noisy and disruptive students. Therefore, what I learned from this module was: 1. Set limits (communication via e-mail, list the topcs that may require the teachers response, answer in 24-hours), 2. Make an FAQ document, 3. Send personal emails to the noisy or disruptive ones; 4. Read carefully their bios and try to connect with some of their interests (this also is useful for quiet students).

I learned about different types of students that may be be addressed: noisy, dsruptive etc. I will keep these categories in mind as student interactions begin.

I LEARNED THAT IT IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP COURSE RECORDS, HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH STUDENTS. IT IS IMPORTANT TO COUNSEL STUDENTS AND TO DEAL WITH UNDERSIRABLE BEHAVIOR. I MUST RESOLVE STUDENT CONFLICTS AND MINIMIZE STUDENT ATTRITION

I learned that participation and communication may be difficuly in online learning, but us as instructors have the tools to make the process easier and effective. 

The record keeping of classes must be thought out in great detail before the class begins or you could find yourself and the students in situations that dont work to each of your advantage.

Sign In to comment