Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Keep sentences short and to the point. Be friendly, informal, and concise.

I appreciated the different approaches and contexts in which synchronous vs. asynchronous discussion sessions can be used to create meaningful student engagement in a virtual environment.

Both synchronous and asynchronous communication are important concepts to understand. Synchronous communications with individual students is good to complete on a regular basis. 

How to effectively engage different kids of student in discussion boards and encourage participation.

Good stuff.

Comment on Pamela Gabbay's post: I agree, open discussion is good so that they can participate on the topic, also, you get feedback if they understand the material. 

Asynchronous learning and synchronous learning are two different approaches to education. Asynchronous doesn't require real-time interaction between instructions and learnings. They have flexibility in course materials and complete assignments at their own pace. Communication is through email, discussions or messaging. Whereas, synchronous involves real time interaction often through video conferencing, webinars, or live chat. Learners are expected to be online and promotes interaction with questions, discussions and real-time feedback. 

I learned about ways to foster participation in both synchronous and asynchronous forums. 

I intend to utilize both structures asynchronous when addressing, encouraging, and providing constructive feedback and observations that all students would learn from and synchronously when I need to spend one-on-one time with a student who may need some individualized attention. 

It is important to keep students engaged in an online learning environment by providing feedback that are positive and constructive towards student learning. 

I really enjoy reading and learning from this module. Learning the difference between Asynchronous and Synchronous and how to conduct them during online learning. Including with the different learning styles.

Feedback should encourage confidence.

how important it is to use asynchronous teaching on line

I think this is the most important lesson in the whole class. Body language is everything

I think Asynchronous discussion forums are the best choice for an online platform setting. It allows more students to participate and allows them more time to post their initial discussion and replies. I also learned how important instructor feedback is. I try to be quick with my feedback but I also am always kind. I do give constructive criticism when needed though. This module went over some good ways to help with that.

I learned how important it is for instructors to stay active in the course through several methods. Discussion boards, individual feedback, and announcements can all be helpful.

It was helpful learning that using synchronous meetings with usually one student and asynchronous discussions to involve a class. Didn't really think about fast or slow typing abilities alienating a student, so that helped me to use other methods of discussions. 

The most delicate topic is how to correct misconceptions in graduated courses. Students often tend to feel offended so the tone is a challenge. 

Very interesting content but also very important that allows us to specify much more the usefulness of each of these virtual communication mechanisms;  in that sense it is essential to present to students the particular characteristics of the synchronous mechanism and the synchronous mechanism with the purpose of achieving greater utilization and better use

The topic discussed in this Unit has allowed me to understand how important strategies are to manage student participation in asynchronous, synchronous debates, adding to that adequate and quality feedback, it is a good vehicle to generate and transmit knowledge.

The difference between synchronous and asynchronous sessions are crucial to keep students engaged into the online learning experiencie.

Sign In to comment