This is where you inttroduce yourself in two ways as the instructor with your credentials so the students will respect you and know that you are there to teach them what they need to know. Then give them some information as such what your hobbies are or other simple information about yourself that helps open a line of communication. It is important that the students know that you are there to teach them but you are approachable if they need to ask questions.
While therea re differences in synchronus and asynchronous learning the goal ar the same to provide an welcoming, safe and engaging learning enveronment. This requires the instructor to initiate, lead and monitor classroom discussions and engaged those learners that may ntot be necessarily participating in a meaningful way.
Push to be a leader by experience, credentials, and training
Utilizing the same methods that you utlize on ground courses but on a Onlne formate. Get the students confident in your ablitity, in your trust, and caring about their future studies.
Students feel more connected when you post a brief bio of who you are and your credentials.
AB
I really enjoyed the suggestions about posting summaries of the students' discussion posts for the week - this is something I have not tried that I may need to implement in my course.
I have always sent my bio to students, but never once asked them to write one back. This could be a great way to get to learn more about students and create a bond.
To inform them of my experience and credentials and to learn who they are.
The one-on-one relationships that you have with your students, and the trust, respect, and consideration that you show towards them during every instructional session comprise the core of an energized classroom -- one geared toward promoting an enriched, meaningful, and dynamic learning experience.
I like the idea of the personalized email at the end of the first week which includes info from their individuals bios
It is important that instructors build a relationship with their online students. A good introduction that depicts their experience and credentials is important.
I learned that students should post a short bio about themselves and I can email each student personally to ask if they have any specific questions.
Be present and hsare who you are
I will add a picture with my credentials so the students feel more comfortable.
There are a number of ways to project expectations for Oline Learning though instructor modeling, stating them verbally, and connecting with students on a personal level. Each of these stategies will help students feel more comfortable and instructors can effectively support the online experience.
I learned how experience, credentials, and tone/communications can impact the students' perception of you
I learned how important it is to post a BIO to my virtual classrooms.
I strongly believe in being present in the discussions. Not only does it let the student see your presence but it is a place to demonstrate/share your professional expierences.
Make effort to be personal and engage with students
I always include a biography in the chat, and get the students to do the same. People open and avilable to meet the student wehere they are really helps them engage.