Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This is a great introduction to setting up your course online. This is a new concept but I am pleased to see I am doing some of these things already. I will ask for more guidance regarding discussions and grading. I am also interested to figure out how to check my students activity and generate a report.

I have learned that it is very important  to be as knowledgeable as possible with what I am teaching online. I have to make sure I am familiarized with that CMS in order to be able to help my students with what they need. Making the student feel at easy and supported with enable them to feel secure and want to learn.

I learned that there is as much work put into the technical aspects of delivering the course / module / lesson as there are in preparing the course itself.  It makes sense, once it is in your thought process.  

Fimilarize myself with the CMS platform that my university has to offer what my college has. Learn the different options and all the technologies that are being offered on CMS. Be very clear and thorough with your expectations for dates and deadlines by clearly writing and communicating with your students. Get students excited and enaged in by utlizing technology.

So far, this course has been helpful in making sure that the distance learning platform that I have used is on track with what I need in order to deliver the proper course information. The only downfall to my platform is that I cannot set a calendar for the students to look at. That would be nice. I do use other social media apps (Remind App) to send a reminder of due dates and upcoming assignments.

Understood the importance of Stuctrual Integrity, navigational simplicity, intellectual interaction, active learne-centered learning within online learning.

We will be the support the student has in technology!  I'm not that good with technology so I will seek answers from my support staff at school and I will learn as the students learn.

When e-learners know that they have support they feel comfortable with the instrutor and the course information that will be presented to them. 

Instrutors too must know the basic information prior to the course 

I can say i have gain some knowledge on how to use course structures includes modules and lessons. Within this framework of representing a Learning Moduele coming from an Instructor i can use insert format text, files weblinks, discussion topics, test and quizzes,. I know how to do these this things but from a face to face classroom not virual. I was extremly deliigthed to learn the information on 

Comprehending Course Content and how to deliver this information into the virul classroom.  This information affords me to focus on how to deliver the format and ask the instructor to familillarize yourself with dilivery techniques and strategies.

Comprehending the delivery format: Familiarize yourself with the course delivery techniques and strategies,

I found this to be extreamly helpful.  In recents beyound our control circumstance we have been forced to engage online and teach as a virtual instructor and we need to utilize the three learning techniques,in this course structural integrity,

Navigational Simplicity,

Navigational Simplicity

I learned the concepts to understand the online platform and communication with students in online learning is very important.

I have learned that I must be knowledgable of the CMS as well as be able to teach the CMS to my students.  I have to structure my course content so that students can easily understand what they need to do, how they need to do, and when it is due.  I have to be available for help as well as know where to get help quickly if the hardware or software encounters hiccups.  I will be very organized in my delivery set up the most commonly used course structure of modules of lessons and topics within lessons.  I will also find a variety of teaching methods for the different learning styles - such as videos, examples, notes, and worksheets.  I like that students can interact with one another on forms, too.

as an e learner there some things that has to be realized in order to be successful. 1 you have to really have the discipline  to be a self  starter. 2 you you cant rush how you learn in this manner. 3 you have to be able to read the material that is presented to you. 

I learned that the online instructor must prepare as much or more than other instructors. Also that the level of comfort and trust a student has on the class, instructor and delivery is quite contingent on the instructor's preparedness. 

I have learned that it is important to understand my districts CMS and course structure. I learned the importance of being familar iwth techniques and strategies to be able to answer questions about the platform that my students may have along the way. I am learning to navigate online teaching so I can relate to my students frustrations and I have to be able to put myself in their shoes and reassure them.

Reply to Cristiane Timoteo's post: I agree Cristiane. I work much harder instructing online than I did in the actual classroom.

It is important to ensure that students are supported with course content/instruction and with technical support.  I have seen lately that it may be assumed that a student knows how to operate a computer because they use one in class.  With online learning, students are accessing progrems with with they may be unfamiliar, they may be using computers that are different from what is in the classroom, and they may not have a headset and a microphone for video chats.  Once students raise those concerns, it's not enough to say try to fix it and let me know if you need help.  It's obvious that they need help, so provide that technical support.

I think that this is a great communication tool. It will be useful with moving students forward with online learning and ensuring that we as educators are effectively meeting our educational needs

Students learn better on an online environment when they know and feel supported by the instructor and know that there is technical support if they encounter some issues.

E-learning offers a great deal of flexibility for students.  It is imperative we put the necessay time frames in place and not waffle with compliance.  I look forward to implementing e-learning into my program.

So far, I have learned that the success of online teaching will depend on how well organized I am in setting up my online course. Students can have a satisfactory learning experience if they are supported by the teacher. Therefore, knowing how the CMS works will be the "make or break" to my online course.

Sign In to comment