Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As an online instructor there are many variables that you need to be aware of.  Such as online classroom rules and guidleines, content, learners abilities as well as their proper participation, how to deal with learners frustrations with connectiviety, computer knowledge, and knowledge of course content.  We as instructors have to balance all of this to ensure that the learner is getting quality instruction and does not get frustrated with any part of the process.  We have to keep them on track as well as stay on track ourselves.

Familiarize myself witht the information and the CMS. Know how to post announcement, how to grade students using the system and how to keep feedback the discussion on track. Communicate effectively and answer questions students may have

I have learned how important it is to be completely familiar with The Course Managaemnt System and Course content 

so that you can assist students in successfully using the CMS and navigating your course content.  Students can become 

frustrated if the CMS is not running smoothly or the Instructor is not prepared ahead of time to use the online platform

effectively.

Karon,

thank you for communicating being effective and answer questions student may have and remember to do it with a 24 hours timeframe.

In addition, you stated being familiar with the informatiion (content) and the CMS.  Exactually what is CMS?  Can you explain that more in detail?  

I love this information on knowing CMS also being able to communicate with my students, making sure that each students is able to full understanding of the information that is being taught. Make sure that that online quizzes are not available until I'm sure the students are ready and have a limited amount of attempts, I also know that the orientation needs to explain exactly what they should expect to learn in the course. This just very informative.

I learned the basic structure of online teaching. The module provided a great check list to make sure an instructor is prepared.

The graph showing improved learning with improved student interaction in the online environment sticks with me.  I appreciated the periodic questions / opportunities for interaction in this Max Knowledge course and can see the value of that.  I will learn how to do this in the CMS that we use.  

The teacher is truly a facilitator and creator of the online structure and the curriculum. We need to be on top of our game in order to be proactive about issues, concerns, questions, tech support, etc. 

This lesson did not present any new information for me, but the critical key for successful online teaching/learning that has me most anxious is learner engagement. It's challenging enough with them all sitting in the classroom. I think online teaching will be much more demanding and stressful, which is why structured lessons and a good lesson plan will be key.

E-learning is interactive for both the student and the instructor, with both parties needing to be actively engaged in the process, in order to facilitate success with out students.

It is important to familarize yourself with the requirements of the online course, and how you will be required to present and monitor the information. It is also important to communicate those requirements and expectations to your students in order for them to be as successful as possible.

As an online teacher, I need to make sure all students are engaged.  Communication is key in the online environment.

Students are frustrated witht he same things that were frustrating to me in my first Remote Instruction experience. Some of these obstacles can be removed by proper preparation at the outset. 

Well defined procedures, definitions of terms used in the course, and schedulkes of topics are essential from the beginning.

Non-verbal communication says a lot more tghan actual words wehn communicating.

I will post discussions questions and participate in chat sessions.

I have learned that the overall structure of an online course is vital.  Too often, instructors dive into whatever the prior instructor created. Repeatedly copying of courses leaves dead links and questionable structure. 

I need to be familiar with delivery techniques and strategies for teaching online, and will need to nake my students comfortable with learning online.

I'll need to take the time to get familar with the platform that we're using, to be able to help my students. A initial session to be sure students have an understanding of the platform will be key

In the learning environment, I learned it is important to provide learning and technical support.

All instructors have a way of teaching and not all instructors teach the same. I also was made aware that the course will have e-support and techology support. 

Sign In to comment