Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Make sure I know how to navigate through the CMS so that you can be availalbe to help those who are having difficulty.

I have learned that students need to know someone is looking out for them when learning online. They need not only learner support but also technical support. Students also need to know that thier instructor is there for them and willing to help guide them in this online environment. I have also learned how important it is to have a structured class that is set up in modules containing lessons that are easy to navigate for my students. Also, to make sure I have my class prepared ahead of time so that if I need to make multiply versions of exams or quizzes then I have them ready to go as I need them. 

The instructor must learn all functions related to the CMS.

Students will perform better in an online learning environment when they feel like the have the support of the teacher as well as the technical support when/if technical issues arise. 

With online learning understanding the resources in the learning platform is very important for student. This will help them understand how to contact an instructor, find the assisngments, and review the materials to prepare for exams. It is very important for me, as an instructor, to be able to commuciate where to find thses resources for the students. 

so many different way to utilize tasks and supports for instrutors 

Modules should be organized and easy to navigate. Try to keep the student engaged with different types of learning activities.

This has been fairly simple so far. The main points seemed to be that we need to know the courses and maintain an accurate account/

I found the comments of other teacher learners to be interesting and in some cases much like my own thoughts and experiences. It was interesting to me that I was thinking in terms of my own course, CNA Educator, until I read someone's responses relative to teaching math online.

Again I found the discussion posts of others to give me some confidence, not too much, as this is my first online teaching experience.

The course delivery and the amount of preparation is exponential to face to face teaching.  Appropriate feedback in a timely manner is essential to students getting the most from one's teaching.  Without feedback the student can lose interest, get off the correct learning path and generally have a less than satisfactory course experience.

It is important for me as a teacher to understand the plight of the student so that I am ready withe technical  (which I needed) and learning support as one of the other  persons commentd.

In an E-learning environment there are many items to consider: goals of the course, learning, and course degrees. I plan on trying to keep the lines of communication open. I also plan to reinforce rules for virtual learning. I plan to be firm but compassionate. I realize we are all new to virtual learning.

Familiarize wit CMS learn to notice student frustration and importance of tech support

For an instructor to succeed in delivering the materials corrcectly, knowledge and understandkng of all aspects of the platform is a must. 

I learned more about the learning management system and the importance of familiarizing ourselves with the system as the students view it.

quite a challenge 

I intend to make sure I am familiar with CMS and how to keep my students feeling comfortable and willing to learn in this environment

Being prpared and knowing your subject

Being prpared and knowing your subject

Sign In to comment