Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The importance of asynchronous learning including self-guided lesson modules, pre-recorded video content, virtual libraries, lecture notes and online discussion boards or social media platforms. One of most similar feedback though the world about asynchronous is the lack of interactive content and the inclusion of only text and forums.

Im think and prove through implementation that given opportunities to make application of the course content in real world settings allow more cuantificable skills and outcomes.

I learned the importance of blended teaching styles to accomodate students needs. 

Sychronous and Asychronous methods are used to form a Hybrid learning environment provides students with the best opportunities in both styles of learning. Using a combination of methods can help keep students engaged in learning.

This is a very well written course. 

Asynchronous - Active approach by both student and instructor - make sure learning is happening. 

Synchronous vs Assynchronous online content: Synchronous is live or on real-time content and encounters with students/teachers

Assynchronous is not conducted on real-time but rather is pre-recorded, pre-posted content with deadlines for students to be able to access on-demand at their convenience

Advantages and disadvantages:

Synchronous online learning is more engaging; real feedback is obtained and interaction can be easily waged.

Assynchronous takes more effort to become engaging. Requires more planning on the teacher's side as lectures, guest speakers, etc. need to be pr-recorded. Requires more prep-time and closer constant monitoring to ensure students remain engaged and not feeling excluded

Blended or Hybrid models of online content could work well which are a combination of both approaches

Both synchronous and asynchronous learning types are beneficial to the students.  

The combination of synchrous and asynchronous discussions is a great idea . It can be blended and make the learning process interesting and enjoyable.

This segment caused me to reflect on question design to increase student critical thinking, learning outcomes, AND engagement.  In addition, the concepts are timely, as I have been reconsidering text material vs. smaller, more consise and relevant reading materials for students.  

The idea of a guest speaker in the online setting, either live or recorded, is new to me and a great idea!

In this module I learned about the importance of incorporating guest speakers, synchronous and asynchronous discussions in the online format.  This module gave you different types of discussions that you can use with your students to have them engage in the classroom and improve their learning.

Guest speakers can be used, but we need to prepare students with an outline of material that will be covered.

I have done asynchronized learning for part of my education. It was self-paced, so I was able to work, take care of my family, and go to school.

That you can transform so many F2F activities into online learning environments.

There are lots of tools to help online learning be successful. There are also students who learn hands on. It seems necessary that students are able to work online as well as In person.

It would take time to set all the questions and topics up but the open discution seems to be one thing this generation is not good at

It is important the information on the online platform is clear, concise and easy for the students to nagivate throughout. 

Can't wait to utilize this!

Using guest speakers is a great way to show students that the objectives they are learning in the course are being applied by real people in the industry on a daily basis. Guest speakers increase engagement and help validate the students' decision to study in their current field. I plan on indentifying guest speaker sin my own courses. 

Sign In to comment