Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are many different ways to ingage students outside of the classroom setting.

Online students are "forced" into conversations, especially on discussion boards. Always use a rubric for guidance and grading.

This topic focuses on supportive learning activities for course design.  Interactive learning activities will encourage learners to access and use the material more efficiently.  I will take advantage of utilizing focused relevant information sharing techniques useful to the desired learning outcome.  While the asynchronous method is important, setting time for the entire class to be present is also a good way to increase interaction and learning.  The learning activities must also be supported by the learning management system the institution uses to present to the learners.  Finally, I like the approach of not having to assign an entire book or chapter, rather just specific, relevant portions of information to the learner to maximize their information intake.  

online class needs to have synchronous and asynchronous components.

In this course, I learned many things including the use of hyperlinks, question and answer techniques, and the advantages of prerecorded videos for asynchronous discussions – a great idea that I plan to use. 

Great info in this section. Learned to use guest lecturers. And provide an outline to the students on what will be discussed—also, email student questions to lecturer—also learned to utilize hyperlinks of the content due to student lack of interest in reading textbooks. This may be a great solution.  

The different methods of content delivery allow classes to be structured around the student. If increased interaction is desired for a certain topic the instructor can include more synchronous lessons.

Common methods of asynchronous learning include self-guided lesson modules, pre-recorded video content, virtual libraries, lecture notes and online discussion boards or social media platforms. 

Guest speakers are important for reinforcing the content that was taught and connecting it to real world practice and on the job, hands-on applications. A live, synchronous chat environment is important to have engagement and back and forth conversation on the topics being taught.

It is a great way to reinforce what we are currently having to do during the COvid pandemic and it is a good refresher to remember how to engage students

I appreciated the focus on how traditional live instruction strategies that work are absolutely reproducible online. We simply use the available technology to bridge the gap between students and teachers.

Giving the student an overview of what the guest speaker will be talking about prior to them coming

I love the idea of using guest speakers with the online platform, we use it with in person learning and did not think about how it would be a great learning tool with online also! Also, using a video tour for virtual field trip is a great idea. I am definitely going to look into this!

Keeping the students engaged by having  different teaching styles such as synchronus and asynchronus discussions and activities

The materials covered in this module shared helpful resources on ways to deliver materials where students can connect the information to real life experiences. 

I learned about the comparison between what can be delivered during a traditional in-person class as opposed to a distance learning class. Surprisingly - almost everything that can be done in-person can also happen during online learning!

Mixing up the delivery of the content will help keep learners engaged

On line learning is as important as on ground learning

Learned how to design learning activities like Assignments,Discussions etc.Reading material should be targeted and selected.Guest lecturers can help in reinforcing the content.Learned about synchronous and Asynchronous learning.

This asynchronous platform on online learning is great for engaging with other learners with the flexibility of reviewing the material on my own schedule. 

Sign In to comment