Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Asynchronous learning is one for my favotire  ways to learn.

I often thought about the guest speakers, especially since I have become more adept at presentations and using alternate technologies for presentation. However, the gen ed courses that I teach such as Math and Written Communications generally don't lend themselves to guest speakers.

I learned that if organized effectively, an online course, whether synchronous or asynchronous, can be just as effective as a course taught in person.  

I learned and understand the difference between synchronous and asynchronous.  I also learned that guest instructors can be used.  I had not thought of that as a possibility before.

It is interesting to think about the fact that just because it is an online course, does not mean we cant have guest speakers. I thnk its a great way to split up the mundane of online learning. 

Very effective intro to online learning.

Content delivery is as important as tyhe content. 

Learning activities can be quite diverse in an online course. 

The use of synchronous and asynchronous platform.  One keeps the student engaged and they are able to interact with others, and one is no real time interaction, student works at their own pace.  

Online courses allow us to develop different learning activities, both synchronous and asynchronous. This means that the tutor and the students can interact in different ways in order to guarantee the learning objectives.

The opportunities provided in online learning are virtually limitless

I had never considered having a guest speaker in an online format, but that is a great idea.  I have been a student of many online courses, and I can say that a guest speaker would have gone a long way towards livening things up a bit!

Delivery of course content is just as important as the actual content. Engaging a student is key for successful learning.

Synchronous online teaching will be advantageous to teaching

guest speakers to supplement course

I love the idea of synchronous learning because it will help emulate an "in class" environment. 

The Learning Activities module will help in planning the activities for student success. 

sync and async can be done to address learner needs

A synchronous learning environment can be as beneficial as an asynchronous learning platform.  One of the benefits of synchronous learning is that information is in 'real-time' were interaction and feedback is in the moment.  However, an asynchronous learning environment allows for the student to learn on his/her own terms and time. 

Anna Loya

I have learnt about the dynamics of both synchronous and asynchronous learning and how the instructors can handle both efficiently.

Sign In to comment