Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have never thought of how to integrate a guest lecturer in an asynchronous online class.  This is an intriguing idea.  I guess this would primarily be accomplished by having the guest lecturer post a video lecture and then being invited to interact with atudens in the discussion board.  Something to consider.

The idea of usng guest speakers in an online format which could be recorded and made available for later use is an idea I would like to incorporate.

Good tip to send the students an outline of what the guest speaker will be covering as well as requests for questions for the guest speaker.

I think the components of solid online courses are the same as those in face-to-face settings. The idea of providing specifically focused content and supplementing the typical course with lecturers is a great practice. In the online world; however, such lecturers are able to be preserved and presented in the future, as well. The courses become timeless, and the ability to engage students without having to inconvenience the speaker an additional time is possible. Discussion forums allow students to engage synchronously and asynchronously. The possibilities in online teaching are tremendous.

The take away for me was the flexibility of online teaching. Thinking outside the box is key. Having guest speakers is an awesome idea and for those that are not able to attend can view the archives.

In this module we discuss the different ways that information can be delivered to students in an online format. Having classes online gives instructors the opportunity to access more ways to increase the learning capacity of our students. 

I appreciate the variety of different learning activities available. 

I've learned the value of having synchronous ans asynchronous discussions.

A well rounded lesson plan to help keep things exciting! 

Keep the class and students engaged by having a questioning technique and mindset, and learn to differentiate and apply synchronus and asynchronus conversations. 

Synchronous discusion vs asynchronous interaction. How a guest ecturere can make the course more productive?

This module provided ideas for selecting supportive learning activities to increase knowledge, application, and learner-relevancy.  It clarified that most interactions typical of an on ground class can be implemented online.  I recently took an on-line course, myself.  It included almost all of the components mentioned, readings available through hyperlinks, video content, and asynchronous discussion methods.  A guest lecture would have added more interest to the course, however.  I also think I would prefer the hybrid model of online teaching so I could complete modules at my own pace, but have more formal interactions with peers to discuss the topics for greater understanding.

Why have any classroom based instruction?

On line courses eboration needs sinchronic and asynchronic process. In adittion videos, guest speakers and qualitiative information in web links links. 

The online learning techniques are mostly a translation of the face-to-face classroom interaction. It is refreshing to acknowlege the power of online learning and the beneficial impact on the student. 

The most interesting part was the possibilites when it comes to having a guest speaker! Also the live conversations could help them learn how to work in groups.

Great introduction!

Se hace hincapié en la importancia de un profesor organizado, que pueda crear materiales y realizar diversas actividades. 

all participants can interact

You can use a hybryd approch combonation of online and in class instruction 

Sign In to comment