Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned a little more about synchronous and asynchronous learning to enhance what I already do.

I like the idea of hybrid learning as well as the guest speaking, the tools provided for students to learn is on another level, this is a great way to keep things interesting.

Guess speakers or using other teachers in your group can add to a more positive out come.

An online class can be as effective as an in-person class and all instructors need to keep up with the progress of each of their students.

My bias is asynch as a last resort but see it's benefits

Tailor learning activities to meet the learning outcomes. Practically, every technique used in the classroom environment can be replicated in a virtual course.

It is important to consider what types of questions you ask for the desired learning outcome.

Great Information 

Great Information

I learned that instructors have to make sure the LMS can support each learning activity when designing a course. 

Great to come up with new ideas like adding in guest speakers.

The examples for how to structure activities & applicability of synchronous & asynchronous methods. 

Getting students' engaged by using different methods of questions, using google with their reading to enhance the retention of what they are learning and why.  

I did not even consider reaching out to professionals in order to provide guest speakers in class. It was helpful to read over all of the strategies that are just as useful in an online setting as they are in person.

A technique I learned in this module was the use of guest lecturers in an online environment. This was the first time I've seen that recommendation.

It is important to look for the combination of learning activities to ensure the best result for students

I enjoyed the ideas discussed in this section.

In an online course, it is best to have both synchronous as well as asynchronous activities, lectures, discussions.

Making sure there is effective communication in any format is important for student engagement and learning.

A reminder that technology has enabled content to be delivered to students in many ways, reading remains one of the keyways students acquire information. Online students will read supplemental material if it is focused and brief so that when completed, students feel that they have acquired new information so selected need to be specific and targeted.

Having guest speakers increase students interests and can reinforce the content being taught by making connections and applications of the content between the course and the real world. The inclusion of guest lecturers is a way to increase student interest in the course as they get to hear and learn from someone in their field. Asking questions prior and giving to the guest speaker and in return giving the information back allows us to answer questions for students.

Synchronous chats are the equivalent of the best of lively class discussions in an online environment and offers interactions that are stimulating, synergistic and insightful. These sessions: however, need to be planned and delivered in a way to engage the students and help them see value in meeting as a class. 

I find that asynchronous chats do not take place at the same time and allows students to progress at their own rate and on their own time. Self-guided lesson modules, pre-recorded video content, virtual libraries, lecture notes and online discussion boards or social media platforms. Many times, the two of them are synched together; however, teachers constantly need to survey students to determine that their learning needs are being met and that they are not feeling left out of or falling behind the learning process and keep them engaged. A lot of great information that is unknown, known, and/or reinforced. 

Sign In to comment