Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned about the different forms of distance education. 

The methods for synchronous and asynchronous learning are not new to me.  I have used the methods before when treating patients and in my own online pursuit of education and now I will apply these methods to teaching as an instructor myself. I am excited and ready to start finding hospital educators to come into my classes as guest speakers to present their expertise and insight into the subject matter we are covering in class. 

The use of guest speakers to engage students and give them an outside real- world perspective is an area I would like to look consider for distant learners.  Discussion are a great way to get students thinking about topics and start to use critical thinking. Encouraging students to engage in discussions is a good way to help students. reflect and opens up opportunities for expanded learning.  

Synchronous and Asynchronous discussions enhance the learning outcomes of students and engagement with the course. Online learning can provide similar or better experiences for students in guest lecturers, discussions and interactions than face-to-face learning.

Great Introduction. 

great intro 

I think one of the most interesting part of this module was thinking about the use of guest speakers in on line courses to do it more interesting for participants.

Allowing students to progress at their own rate is a valuable part of asynchronous learning. 

I was given a good reminder of how valuable guest lecturers can be -- even in the online environment -- and way to organize those efforts.

One thing that has stood out and is gaining traction with me is the decision to have asynchronous/synchronous chats. I feel these are great tools for learners but they must have the ability to "hit home" for the learner so that they feel engaged with the course. 

Good to be reminded of the differences between sychronous and asychronous learning. 

Online education is improved with a well-balanced combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning approaches. Live lectures and interactive workshops are examples of synchronous activities that provide instantaneous feedback and real-time involvement. Asynchronous components that accommodate varying learning speeds include recorded lectures and online discussion boards. This combination works especially well for complicated subjects like blockchain and digital money and accommodates a variety of learning methods.

it is very helpful to remain open-minded about using multiple methods. Particularly those methods that previously thought to be less practical in an online or virtual platform. Variety retains interest.

A new idea to enhance asynchronous learning could be the integration of AI-driven analytics and feedback systems. These systems could analyze student interactions with course materials, discussion forums, and assignment submissions. Based on this analysis, personalized feedback and recommendations could be provided to each student. For instance, if a student is struggling with a particular concept, the system could suggest additional resources or activities tailored to their learning style and progress. This approach would not only personalize the learning experience but also provide timely support and guidance, making asynchronous learning more effective and responsive to individual student needs.

I didn't know the term asynchronous

I think it's really interesting to see the ways in which an online course can be taught. As someone who has done online delivery of courses in the past I am learning new things and I can appreciate that!

It's all about the conveyance of the student. They can get to the class when it's convenient to them.

Online class format can be very universal

Hybrid learning model has a double benefit as is includes synchronous and asynchronous deliveries. Course content is put online and is available to students to access when it best suites their schedule. This is beneficial for shift workers who may be on a rotating shift and need to take online courses for carrier advancement. 

Great introduction. 

Sign In to comment