Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Eliminating or reducing stressors is a great idea, in theory. But those of us in education know that often our stressors are things that cannot simply be eliminated, so we must look for ways to reduce the stress. Teachers often report feeling overwhelmed by the day to day responsibilities of preparing for instruction, instruction, and evaluation/providing feedback to students. While these are all responsibilities that cannot be eliminated, teachers can find ways to streamline their processes such as grading less. 

In todays society, everyone is so rushed and having to meet deadlines. People need to wind down at the end of the day like this section discussed. Getting away from social media even for a few hours will help people to relax.

The coping mechanisms for stress are actually quite easy to implement. It just takes commitment and dedication. 

Asking for help is a good tool for reducing stress but we don't wait for someone to ask; we offer help and hints to everyone, especially new faculty. In addition to helping with admin stuff, if a new instructor has a night class, we arrange to have an experienced instructor "hang" around during the first week of the night class to address any issues the new instructor may have. 

Finding strategies to reduce, eliminate stress- sharing, exercise, breathing exercises, stretching and getting enough sleep.

Helping those around you with technics to improve time & Stress Management will help. you ease your stress.

In this course I learned about the negative effects that stress has on the body, physically and different, positive coping mechinisms to deal with these stressors

In this module I learned several positive coping mechinisms to cope with stress 

stress managment is often neglected in todays society, however many tools are avalible to the public. it is upto the individual to aquire them and utilize them. 

I love Breathing e techniques,yoga,meditation, and nature resets to reduce my stress . I am now going to consider eliminations of stressors.

For me, I like to go for a run and breathing exercises to reduce stress

Stress can be dealt with and reduced so that it is more manageable. 

Need to reinitiate some of these time constrained methods I actually enjoyed.

I've learned how the impact of stress can negatively affect not only your health but work quality-- it's important to try and eliminate stressors that can be eliminated and healthily cope with stressors that cannot be eliminated. 

How to cope with stress in different type of forms.

Make Self care a priority, if not it will be the last thing on your list.

Breathe and relax

I learnt different ways to cope , reduce and eliminate stress .  Sad to know that 75 to 90 percent of students visit doctors and health clinics with stress related issues.  

Making changes in my personal life. 

Stress is so common in students life. There area many things to do to reduce, eliminate or handle with stress. 

Sign In to comment