Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

We must take care or ourself and to reduce or eliminate as much stress as possible from our lives.  As stated, even if it is only 10 -15 minutes a day to do some type of exercise.

Incorporating the coping mechanisms in my daily life will help better deal with the stressors of life.

I understand to make more time to move and exercise and always have someone in your life to just listen to you.

learned the different coping methods for dealing with stress. 

Love this... if you notice that your students are stressed, ask them to stand up in class and stretch or to do 15 jumping jacks in place. Ask your students to do a breathing exercise before big exams are distributed. Ask your students to get on an exercise schedule and to report to the class how they feel after staying on schedule each week. Ask your students to keep a sleep journal to record how many hours they sleep and how tired they feel the next day. By teaching your students about healthy coping mechanisms, you can help them more effectively deal with the stressors in their lives.

I think we all could use some healthy stress coping mechanisms.  I know that as a professor, I love what I do and I enjoy helping my students learn, however there is stress in all jobs.  More classes to teach, more students, and more projects.  I find that this module in CHEP came at a great time for me.  When my company expects us to teach even more students and classes.  I will use these techniques in my my job but also share them with my students because as nurses, they really need to know how to manage stress in their jobs.  Thank you for including this.

Sticking to my commitment to exercise each day will help me greatly with dealing with stress 

Figuring out what stress coping mechanisms works for you is highly important. Not every one will work for everybody. For me, meditation (surprisingly not mentioned) and exercise are very helpful. 

I think it was important they included aspects of stressors that couldn't be eliminated or difficult to reduce. There's no cure-all to stressors in life, but stepping back and looking at managing it is much more feasible. The section regarding deciding on eliminating stressors was also worthwhile, since elimination has consequences of its own. I'll be passing that on to my students for sure when I cover work and stress in my lessons.

The road to stress free living:

Choosing to eliminate or reduce stressors is the first step. One needs to identify what stresses them, & make a list & then identify which can be eliminated, or can be reduced.

Ways to eliminate stressors:

• Create rules to curb reoccurring issues.
  • Get help with items
  • Just slow down and think about it.

Ways to reduce stressors:

• Drink water
  • Make small changes
  • Take classes on understanding things that stress you out.

Healthy ways to handle stressors that can not be eliminated or greatly reduced:

• Share experiences
  • Exercise
  • Breathing
  • Stretching
  • Getting enough sleep

Ways to help my students with time & stress management……..  Teach / Share with them what I have leaned in this course.

coping mechanisms

I hace definitively understood, received different perspectives and learned different ways to identify stressors and potentials courses of actions to deal with them.

The approach given by this course is pretty rationale and has been illustrated by several clear examples. The process of how to deal with the stressors is also quite clear and will help me out on coping with my particular ones. 

Exercise everyday

I have earned better ways to reduce and or eliminate stress in my life. Taking stress one day at a time is how i plan to benefit from this exercise. 

I realized that I have already been sharing my ideas and strategies of reducing stress with my students when I meet with them related to theiir grades. I share how to organize their calendar so that it works for them and reduces stress.

Everyone is stressed, but they deal with it differently.

this will be a challenge that should be interesting. I didn't realize students were that stressed out also. this will be helpful as an instructor, to help students, and fellow instructors with stress elimination.

I started an exercise routine last year and I really noticed the difference in my stress levels. I added a partner to the walk and just walking an takinking for 1 hour made all the difference to the start of my day. I felt like I had a purpose. 

Stress management needs to be practiced by both students and instructors, It is ok tospeak about your stressors especially to those who could give you solutions. As instructors we can also try and help our students with the stresses that thye could be going through.

Reducing my stress level will help me become more productive and relaxed. It will also help inspire the people around me to start working toward better time management in their own lives.

Sign In to comment