Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be a motivator. Provide reinforcement that will enhance motivation. Provide immediate feedback. 

Motivating and engaging students promotes retention of students. Knowing your students and information about their background can help to keep them engage becasue certain topics will spark their attention and you can use that to draw them in.

Reinforcement is effective for learning. 

I really enjoyed the section about motivating instructors, as some of the most influential teachers I had inspired me to become a teacher. I think possessing empathy and being able to give clarity (examples and illustrations) are especially important in this role, as well as communicating enthusiasm for the subject. 

The greatest takeaway is to remember instructor encouragement is a GREAT motivator!

You must be motivated to motivate your learners. 

If the teacher/professor is motivated and enthusiastic about what they are teaching that tends to spread to your students!

I've reflected on which instructors motivated me. How they got me excited. I would like to model that for my students

Being a motivating instructor is very important and should incorporate the values of Expertise, Empathy, Enthusiasm and Clarity.  

Reiterate that learning is a process and a life long.  Encourage students to focus on content at hand.  Sharing that both instructor must be willing to seek answers.  As an instrtuctor, take necessary action to refresh your subject matter as needed.

I learned that there are a number of tools that I can employ to motivate the student and keep them enthusiastic about learning the material. Also, I need to be flexible so that I can adapt to a particular student's needs.

To  be able to motivate students is to show enthusiasm and expertise in the subject matter ensuring that sudent wil be mor engage after all the success of  the students is the success of the Teacher.

"Good teachers know their content, subject.  Great teachers know their students."

"GREAT teachers know there content"

I often motivate my students by relating my expertise on the subject matter n a way where they don't mind giving feedback even if they are wrong. I let them to that this is a safe place and I rather you get it wrong hear so we can correct the issue before you get ot in the field and cost your company time and money.

Students can lose their enthusiasm about the subject quickly if they don't know how they are doing in the course. Immediate feedback helps them to know they are doing well or shows them areas in which they need to improve. Make sure to use the "Ah Ha" moments to help with the episodic memory. 

From this module I learm=ned that motivating students takes on many different paths. Also having passion for the subject you are teaching makes a huge difference when you are teaching it to your students.

using my own real life workexperiences can help in student engagement. Providing  prompt feedback is also important so that the students can be motivated and make corrections where necessary.

This module provides a guide to bridge the gap between the students success and understanding outside life instances with occur. In addition, the knowledge to understand it is important as an instructor to ensure our skill in the field is show displayed through out the lesson to provided students with reassurance that we are knowledgable. 

Motivating students is essential to retaining students.  I have students who sometimes bring a wealth of life experience to the class and express that the assignments are meaningless to them.  I encourage to take classes and assignments they are already know as something to pad their tool boxes and their GPAs.  There is going to come a time when they just might learn something if they open their minds to it.  I let them know that I am always learning each time I teach a course.  I learn from the material as well as from their experiences.  

Sign In to comment