Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Giving a quick test/ quiz that is not graded and has no impact on their grade is a good way of finding out where your students are in their understanding of the material and what changes need to be made to meet your goals.

The importance of evaluating students to determine their status and the effectiveness of the educational materials delivered.  

Performance measurement is crucial for the instructor to be able to gage whether actual long term learning and retention is happening. 

I learned the importance of ensuring assessments measure student learning and comprehension of the material as well as the different types of assessments, including formative and summative. 

I enjoyed the freshening of Bloom's Taxonomy of Cognitive objectives for this module and CAT activities.  I often combine different forms of assessment for the same lesson, focusing on the different learning styles, and I will apply the student's best grade out of all three assessments.

Having Bloom's taxonomy helps determine if a student is learning through different assessments  

An exam is one of the most accurate ways to measure what a student has retained in that section of the course. 

I think using different assessment type helps to determine the strengths of the student. and keep their interest.

Assessing general education skills is where the secondary and or vocational education begins. The so-called “soft skills” that should have been developed in high school are elements of necessary focus so students can maximize the desired benefits of a vocational school. As a vocational school instructor, the primary focus is on teaching a vocation. However, to be successful in reaching students so they will retain what they are to be learning, it is necessary for instructors to place increased emphasis on critical thinking, writing, communication, problem solving, and ethical reasoning skills. Assessing student values and attitudes consistent with general education skills coupled with successfully leading students to success is a challenging set of goals. 

I learned that formative evaluations may be quizzes, a verbal session or a project. I will incorporate verbal evaluations in my class.

Assess learning in a way that gives the students a litmus test on how well they are consuming the content of the course.

In this module, I learned about the value of CAT activities. These activities can be used to help the instructor assess how much of the content is being retained by the students and how well it is understood. They can also be used to help reinforce concepts as well. 

This course was a great refresher about evaluation tools and Bloom's Taxonomy 

I learned about how important critical thinking skills are as well as soft skills. Also I use journals for my internship students as self reflecting. It also helps with their writing skills

There is a need to evaluate the student's general knowledge through open discourse and questioning that will eventually allow the instructor to teach according to the level of the individuals intelligence.

understanding a students background is need3ed to tailor learning outcomes

it is important to know your student's abilities and skills prior to assigning work. 

I've gained a better understanding of how assessments can facilitate training development and implementation. 

Use a variety of assessments & tailor them to your objectives. 

Assessments are different depending on the type of learning, and the available resources. Assessing experiential learning is different than individual learning. 

Sign In to comment