Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Use essential that instructors use effective assements in order to show that students are comprehending the subject. There are various forms of assessments that can be used besides tests to help instructors know if students are understanding the material. 

I've learned the value of assessment to myself as the instructor and to the students. It brings a lot of insight on your teaching styles and the compression of the students. 

It is critical to pause and apply the appropriate CATs throughout the course to ensure that comprehension and deep understanding occur throughout instruction.

Very interesting to understand the different types of assessment.  I plan to use the many different techniques to assess the learners knowledge gained from the courses I teach.

Learned the importance of assessments. Too often we hear assessment and think it's a written test...like a spelling test you took in grade school. However, this is not the case; there are multiple types of assessments and it is our responsibility to determine the best type/form of assessment for our students. 

Learning assessments are a great way for instructors to have some feedback in to the studets they have early on in a course.

Make sure that the information being delivered is a collaborated and amongst multiple faucets vs one person has shown to produce a positive assessment in the information being delivered.

The ecosystem of delivery and assessment is coreliant on the instructor and student invlovement.  Instructors must develop delivery methods that enable the learner to obtain the knowledge and skills required to demonstrate the ability to complete their desired task.  Assessment techniques are an excdllent way to measure the effectiveness of the process.

I have learned that active learning is key in most cases. Acitve learning allows for students to continue to make application of the knowledge and skills they develop duirng learning. I did not realize some of the activites I applied to the classroom in the past were actually part of CAT's but now I do and will continue to use for assessing students learning as well as understanding their learning styles. 

I learned about the importance and usefulness of assessments to further learning.

The lack of Soft skills  more than technical skills are the reason for a high attrition rate.

Student assesment comes in many different forms and the purpose of it is to gather data and make alterations to the course content (within reason) to make sure the students are able to comprehend the information, retain and apply the information and formulate their own new information through critial thinking skills (that will also be assesed.)

The utility of developing formative and summative assessments for different stages of the learning process.

Refresher of Blooms was beneficial, CAT knowledge checks are quick and valuable

I have learned about the CAT activities used at the beginning of class periods to access how well the students are grasping the information that is being taught. It is so important to have different types of assessments and not just a basic written exam.

This module had a few components that will be beneficial to employ in the classroom.  Soft skills I feel are very important to imbed in the curriculum.  Sometimes these soft skills are more important than the program curriculum when it comes to being a productive member of a team.  Also using CAT assessments to monitor student knowledge to help evaluate what the students know and what may need to be reinforced.

Very important to assess the classroom and make sure there is comprehension. 

Blooms Taxonomy shows how assessments on learning with aid in the advancement of learning. Active learning should be the goa using the application of knowledge and skills. 

CATs and Bloom's Taxonomy of Cognitive Objectives will be very useful as an instructor. It is important to assess and confirm that the studnents are learning what we are trying to have them understand and comprehend.

Is it equally important to test students' knowledge is through non-graded assessments. I keep in mind that students have test anxiety and non-graded assessments not only test their knowledge but also build confidence and the students can see how much they have truly retained without added pressure. When it is test time, their anxiety level may have decreased. It also gives me an idea of what they have learned and what needs attention.

Sign In to comment